Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Worry Wart

Alright, alright. I know its been a few days since I've written on here, but things have been keeping me busy. Things I tell you! Ok, first off the house. The loan process is a pain in my behind. We've had to write letters and supply things that I didn't even know existed. Its crazy. I think everything we have to do is over now and we just wait for the loan to go through. The appraisal for the house is tomorrow.
And then all this stuff with the power being off... whew! Its crazy. Mine came on 2 days after it went off. My mom's is still out, so I'm worrying about her. My grandparent's keep coming on, but then it goes right back off with the next storm. They've lost power 3 times in 2 weeks. I've been doing my best to help them out taking them ice and making them go to my apartment to cool off.
The last storm, Sunday night, hit hard. The parking garage at work got flooded so the water was rushing down the stairway and my office got flooded. So, I've been dealing with that too. Its pretty much cleaned up and dried out today. It stinks though. Smells musty and kind of like a wet dog.
I finally joined Facebook. Yep. I broke. It is nice to see people I haven't seen in years, people I've forgotten about. Its great catching up. Its also weird seeing everyone married and with kids. I know I am and I do, but its just weird to me that they have all grown up. How time flies.
I finally have an appointment today to get my eyes checked so I can get new glasses. Mine have been broken for almost a year now. As a matter of fact, I get to leave work in an hour to go.
What else? I don't know. I'm just full of worries these days. Worrying about the power being off, worrying about family, worrying about the loan and the house and money. But...I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry. That's just kind of what I do.
I just ate lunch, but it was gross and I'm still hungry. Maybe I'll get out of here a bit earlier to pick up something cheap and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment