Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brrrrrrr, its cold outside

Hubby was successful at locating all the Christmas decorations from my storage building. We will put the tree up today and decorate it tomorrow. He called me yesterday, "So, I found the red tote with all the decorations in it, but where's the tree?" Yeah, like I can sit here in my office and tell you exactly where it is. That 10x10 storage building is packed from floor to ceiling and wall to wall. If its not right there by the door, I have no idea. He found it, but I forgot to ask him where it was.
So I realized yesterday that I don't really know what a real contraction feels like. Weird, right? I've been through the fake ones and those are kinda painful, but not unbearable. See, with Lilly I was induced a week early. The nurses gave me the drugs and as long as I kept an empty bladder, I couldn't feel a thing. The nurse would say, "Oh, that was a big one! You must have felt that one." Nope, I didn't. I was hooked up to this machine that measured the intensity of my contractions and how much pain I SHOULD have been in. But I didn't feel anything. I didn't really feel any pain until it was time to push and I only felt the horrible stretchy feeling pain on part of my left side cuz no matter how many times I pushed that button to release the drugs into me, it never reached my left side completely. That's what happens when you let an intern put it in. So, if I didn't feel any contractions with Lilly, what if I don't feel any with this one? How will I know when its time to go to the hospital since your suppose to time them? What if I don't know I'm in labor cuz my water didn't break? With Lilly, since I was induced, the doctor had to break my water. Being mostly numb all I felt was....warm....kinda like I peed the bed or something.
I am a little worried about hubby. I would like for it to be just us in the delivery room, but I've been thinking that he might need a little support. He doesn't have a very strong stomach, for one. For two, he worries a little too much about certain things. I don't need him asking me if I'm ok every 5 seconds. I don't really want my mom in there this time. She wasn't much help last time and kind of annoyed me. I love my mom to death, but I don't want her in there this time. The only other problem is, I don't think I would feel comfortable with anyone else in there. I would like it if my bff would be in there, but there's just no way she will be able to come in from Virginia in time. That and I don't know how well she would handle it all either. I don't know what to do. I still need to talk to hubby about it. And I don't know how to tell my mom that I don't want her in there without hurting her feelings. I know she would be real hurt if hubby's sister went back and she didn't. There's still a lot to think about.
School is on a 2 hour delay today. I don't really know why unless it due to the cold temperatures. The roads weren't bad at all. If I will drive on them, they aren't bad. I'm glad I don't really have to worry about things like that cuz Lilly goes to before and after school care. No matter if school is on a delay or closed or whatever, I still take her there every morning at the same time. My bff hasn't seen any snow yet, but she's not really THAT far away. She's only like 6 hours east of me. I took some pictures the other day and sent them to her.
The baby is getting very active at night time. His elbows are hitting me in all the wrong places. It feels like he is seriously trying to crawl his way out. His feet don't bother me. Yeah, he kicks and moves and whatnot and knocks my ribs around, but its his hands and elbows and shoulders that are causing me all this extra pain.
Oh, and its Pearl Harbor Day. Today marks the day that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941. I'm sure the Pearl Harbor movie will be on tv sometime today.

No comments:

Post a Comment