Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New Stuff

I'm putting off counseling for a bit. I'm thinking of a new way to go about things. I think I'm just going to try to occupy myself so I don't really have time to think. There's so  many things that I want to do and places I want to go, but I'm kinda stuck in this rut and this routine is getting old. My bff and I started making lists of  things we wanted to accomplish before each milestone birthday. For example- When we were 21, we  made a list of 25 things we wanted to do before we turned 25 and now we are working on a list of 30 things we want to do before we turn 30. I'm sure I've mentioned it before and maybe even posted my list. Well... I'm going to get down and serious about this list and get things done. I've even made a bucket list of things I want to do or accomplish before I die. So here's my list of 30 things...
30 Things to do before I’m 30

  1. Buy a house (checked off)
  2. Empty storage building and have yard sale (half checked off)
  3. Organize photo albums
  4. Go canoeing
  5. Get a new job/or great at my current job
  6. Get a new car (got a different car, not new but new to me)
  7. Take up a new hobby (working out count?)
  8. Make a Thanksgiving dinner
  9. Drink a fancy wine
  10. Get back to pre-Lilly weight
  11. Get a new hairdo
  12. Go to the beach
  13. Ride a horse
  14. Get a tattoo for Zach
  15. Have 2 more people I consider close friends
  16. Learn how use a sewing machine
  17. Run a half marathon
  18. Take kids to museum (checked off)
  19. Ride in a big boat
  20. Ride in an airplane for the first time
  21. Go ice skating
  22. Go Zip lining
  23. Go to Disneyworld/land
  24. Be in the best shape of my life on my 30th birthday
  25. Ride in a train
  26. Take kids camping
  27. See a flash mob
  28. Get my house organized and decorated
  29. Be a secret Santa for a needy family
  30. Take a REAL vacation
And I found this website bucketlist.org where I've made my bucket list. Here's that one, some of it does correspond with my 30's list.
  • Ride in a hot air balloon 
  • Cook a big holiday feast
  • Take kids to Legoland 
  • Start a Family Cookbook 
  • Walk Through a Corn Maze 
  • Spend Christmas, with my family, in a Cabin, in the snow in the mountains 
  • Learn archery
  • Learn a new language 
  • Pay for a Stranger's Dinner
  • Watch a meteor shower
  • Have a picnic in Central Park, New York 
  • Be Part of a Flash Mob 
  • Go Rock-Climbing 
  • Visit the Louvre in Paris 
  • Go Geocaching 
  • Visit machu pichu 
  • Go to the Egyptian pyraminds 
  • Go to the airport and take a random flight
  • Do a road trip across America
  • Visit every state in the USA 
  • See the 7 wonders of the world!
  • Visit Stonehenge 
  • Climb up the Statue of Liberty
  • Fly First Class 
  • Visit sydney, Australia 
  • Visit Niagara Falls 
  • Ride a Gondola in Venice, Italy 
  • Visit Times Square 
  • Go on a cruise 
  • Visit disney land 
  • See Colosseum (Rome, Italy)
  • Visit a castle 
  • Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 
  • Walk on the Great Wall of China 
  • Travel to New York 
  • Travel to Italy 
  • Complete the Spartan Sprint
  • Extreme Tubing on a whitewater river
  • Paddle through a Medieval Town 
  • Give money to a homeless person
  • Go on a cruise 
  • See the Grand Canyon
  • Swim with Dolphins 
  • See a Cirque de Soleil show 
  • Visit the White House

  • So, I better get to work in making these things happen.

    Zach's party went ok. There was a snow storm, so only like 20 people came, but he had a blast and that's all that matters. His best friend showed up too. The weather has been horribly old lately, but I don't  mind it. We've played in the snow so many times too. I just realized the other day that I cannot find the 4 shirts I bought Zach for Christmas. He has never worn them! I can find all his other clothes that he got for Christmas, but not what I got him. I keep looking, but I can't find it.
    I'm not really in a better mood persay, I do think I still need therapy and/or someone to talk to, but I'm going to try just occupying myself first and see how that goes. I'm sure the kids will enjoy doing so many new things too. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment