Monday, August 27, 2012

Time for a New Post

I have some great and wonderful news. Zach used the potty for the first time yesterday!! I'm so excited and I hope that its a sign that he is going to start going regularly. I rewarded him with claps and high fives and he was very happy about it. 19 month old and a step in the big boy direction. I've been working with him for 4 months now and I have day care working with him too.
I know its been a week since I wrote anything, but hopefully I can get back in the full swing of things and start updating more often. We are a bit more settled in the house, but it still doesn't quite feel like home yet. I still don't have any pictures or anything on the walls and there's no many boxes left to unpack. I worked most of the weekend getting everyone's clothes hung up and in dressers instead of in a trash bag. I ran out of clothes hangers and had to go buy some more. The apartment is empty. We just have to clean it up now. We have until Friday to get that done. My couches that I was wanting to put in the living room was all moldy and smelled bad. Well... they got scrubbed down with resolve, tuff stuff and sprayed with Febreeze. They look a whole lot better, but they still smelled. My grandma told me to spray white vinegar on them. I did and I think it worked. I can't wait to get my couches in the living room. The ones that hubby has, I don't really like. I like the color of them, but the arms and the back of the couch has exposed wood on it. Its supposed to look that way, its not like its ripped or broken or anything. Me and Zach both keep hitting our heads on the wood.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life, where I want to work, what kind of job I'd like to have. I am really unhappy with my current job. I kind of want to get back into working with people. I miss working with the public and seeing a lot of different people. I kind of want to work with kids. I love kids. I love babies. Unfortunately day cares don't pay enough for me to work there. I was thinking about a nursery in a hospital, but you have to be a nurse to do that and then there's overnights and everything. I don't want to take time away from my kids caring for other people's kids. I thought that maybe finding a way to be a Kindergarten aide or something would work perfect. Hubby's mom does it, but nowadays they require a teaching degree. If I went far enough to get my teaching degree, I would be a teacher, not an aide. I would like to go back to school, but I don't have the money or the time. I have to still work a full time job and I don't want to lose time with my kids. Lilly's in sports and Zach's still so tiny. I just don't know. I don't know what's out there. I applied to a job a few months ago that works with autistic kids and I thought I'd really like working there, but it didn't even pay enough to cover my day care costs for my kids. I just hope to find something soon. Something meaningful. Something I enjoy. I'd even like to get back into writing. I thought about looking into jobs at the local newspaper or something. Maybe they have a freelance position and I could do that and work at a day care... or something. Work has cut my overtime and without it, I have no money. It all goes to health care and day care and I have none left over for gas or diapers. I've even thought about getting a part time job to help cover things, but that take time away from the kids.
Enough of that. Today is my best friends birthday. She's turning 26 today. I was wanting to try to hang out with her today, even if it was for a little bit, but she doesn't get off work until 2:30 and I am leaving work around 3:30 for ball practice. By the time we would meet up somewhere, it'd be 3:00. I'm still trying to figure something out. I have a few hours left to try to make this work.
My grandparents came down Wednesday to see the house and have dinner. They loved it, of course. I can't wait for the rest of my family to come visit. I'm trying to plan on them all coming down this weekend, but mom's kind of busy. I'll have to pull her away from canning food to come down.
Maybe I'll post some pictures of the kids tomorrow. I've got a great one of Zach bored while eating a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment