Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and running

Days are weird now. I keep forgetting about my blogs and I feel like time just slips away from me. Saturday, my washer broke so we had to buy a new one. Guess that's what I got for Mother's Day. Went to hubby's cousin's baby's first birthday party. Left there early to go to Lilly's ball game, which they won. Went home to install the washer. Caught hubby smoking. That upset me. Not really that he was doing it but that he was hiding it from me. Told him I didn't care if he wanted to, but not to hide it from me but don't do it in front of the kids. He swore it was the first one he's had since we quit, but I know better. You just don't want one after not smoking for 3 years. Which by the way, today does mark my 3 years of not smoking. Hubby's also been trying to 'catch' me smoking saying that he can smell it and he sees ashes in my car. Looks like it was him all this time because I haven't touched one and I don't let anyone smoke in my car. If he wants to get cancer, that's his problem, but don't go keeping secrets from me. Makes me wonder what else he's hiding...or trying to hide anyway. There's a lot that he thinks he's hiding, but I know about.
Sunday, we got a late start because hubby decided he was going to take a 40 minute shower in the morning. His "quick shower" turned into the entire morning. Went to one grandma's to give her the basket of flowers I got her. Stayed for about an hour or so and took off to my other grandma's house who was having a hot dog cookout and all my cousins were going to be there. I got to see most of my brothers and mom too. Gave mom and grandma their flowers. Mom's was droopy and not blooming anymore. I had the flowers since Thursday. It was a fundraiser we had done with Relay for Life and they were delivered on Thursday. I drove up to the office during my work time and picked up most of the flowers for the people in my building that had ordered them. Took me 3 trips with the cart to get them all inside from the parking garage.
I've lost a total of 16.2 pounds now! I'm going to try to go running today. I got to a little bit on Sunday. After visiting with my family we went home to get some stuff and then to go the in-laws, so I jogged from our house to theirs. Its only .59 miles. And then I jogged home when we left. The kids thought it was funny that they were leaving me there and I had to go home myself.
Lilly only has 8 days of school left. Amazing how quick this year is flying by.
Lilly had a game yesterday. Zach was actually well behaved. Sat in his chair most of the time and munched on Cheetos and the played with one of the little boys without fighting. Took them to McDonald's and ordered a 10 piece nugget and large fry for them to share and I hadn't even gotten to the window to pay yet and Zach says, "Where's my kitchen nuggets and flies?!" Cracked me and Lilly up. I ordered one of the new premium wraps with grilled chicken and I get a tiny tiny snack wrap instead. Oh, well... just wasn't meant to be.
I'm celebrating my not smoking today by treating myself to lunch at the Mexican place in the mall and then going for a walk. Its a little chilly out today and I didn't bring a jacket. Stupid me. Need a jacket in May? That's absurd, but our weather is weird lately. Hot then cold then hot then snowing then too hot then raining... I mean, it snowed in October and then I had Zach outside in shorts in January! Crazy stuff.
I know I still haven't posted any pics that I keep saying I'm going to. I'll get around to it eventually. I'm forgetful lately and a bit lazy. I have to add the pics from the app on my phone. Everytime I remember about them, I have an update on that app and I go to update it and then I forget.
Ok... its time to share my weight. I've been avoiding it because I hated it. I can't believe I let myself get to that weight. At my heaviest, I weighed more than I did when I was 9 month pregnant with Zach by 2 pounds. I was lazy. I was stupid. I thought I was watching what I was eating, but I wasn't. It may have been low calorie, but I was eating a lot of it. I wasn't exercising as much as I thought I was. I've been keeping track and my weight this morning is 184.8. I'm so happy with myself for actually losing weight and I have quite a way to go to get where I want, but I'm doing it. I feel great. I can run now! My pants are loose. I actually crave salads now. I know there's a lot more I could be doing and lose my weight faster, but I'm happy with my results. I'm not banning foods, so I'm not tempted to indulge when I shouldn't. I don't workout every single day, so I get my lazy days too. I enjoy my times with my kids instead of doing an aerobic video. I'm on track. I'm losing at the rate I'd like to be. I can say that I started at the start of the new year, but it didn't really kick in until Valentine's Day when I saw just how bad I was getting and when my weight topped its heaviest. So, 16.2 pounds in 13 weeks is pretty damn good. Actually way above what I was aiming for, but I think running has been helping a lot. I've noticed the weight just melting off since I've started running.
Speaking of running, I now have 5 people, including myself, on my team for the Color Vibe 5k in September! I'm getting very excited for this run. My very first 5k and more to come after that. There are a couple of runs before this one, but I really want this one to be my first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment