Friday, May 17, 2013

Time for Some Changes!

I had the weirdest dream last night. We were at war, here in the US. We were invaded. No one was fighting back. We were all lining up and listening to them. I have no idea who 'they' were, but we were like robots, just doing what we were told. I saw my mom sitting in the corner, she was getting sick. I decided I was going to fight back. I recruited a few people. I kissed my family and snuck out of the line. I somehow ended up with the leader from 'them' and I was trying to find a way to kill her. She was trusting me but black mailing me to help her. I finally got her from behind and broke her neck. I was trying to hide her body so her army wouldn't see her. They were pounding on the door. I went back to my mom and put her in a wheel chair and was pushing her. We all go on some buses. Everyone. There was a marching band on the bus I was on with all their instruments too. I told them to play bad music and the enemies retreated. Weird. I never saw a weapon in my dream. My little brothers were babies. I remember sitting on top of a telephone pole watching a bunch of kids play and my phone rang, but it was on top of another telephone pole and I jumped down and ran over to the other pole and my phone dropped off because it was vibrating. All weird.
Lilly has a game tonight, parade and game tomorrow, game Sunday and a game Monday. I kinda hope it rains on at least one of those days.
Things have been ok... nothing really to write about. OH, Lilly attempted to sneak to school wearing lipstick. I caught her and she tried to play it off like she wasn't wearing any. Then she says, "If I can't wear it, then why do I have it?" I told her its for playing dress up, not wearing to school. She got all mad. I then proceeded to check her backpack and pockets. She's 8 years old! I know she's trying to impress a boy, but the boy she's trying to impress already likes her. Oh, 8 years old and already into boys. What am I going to do?
I've tried to take up Geocaching. If you don't know what that is, its kind of like a hide and seek game with objects. People hide things, you go find it. I tried yesterday 3 different time and came up empty handed. I'm going to try for the same ones later. One might have been stolen according to the comments about that one. When  you are looking for these, or even hiding them, you have to try to do it without being seen because people might go steal the object. Sometimes its a box, sometimes its an old film tube, sometimes its just a small object with the logo on it. Some things you can log your name in. Some have objects that you can take if you leave another. I went at the wrong time of the day. It was lunch time and I didn't want to go digging through bushes and looking under benches and stuff and climbing lamp poles with a crowd of people watching me. I'm hoping to get CJ into it and she can do it with me. Its just something different to do and its kind of exciting.
I also want to take up hiking. Some of these caches are on hiking trails and hiking is great exercise.
I applied to a bookkeeping job and even a dietary aide job the day before yesterday. Then I get an email to fill out a second part application. I don't know for which position and I'm kind of afraid that I put down that I want to earn too much money. I can negotiate down another dollar, but I'd like to make what I put down. We'll see. I'm ready to start making changes in my life. I'm 26, almost 27 years old and I feel like I've been in a rut half of my life. I'm at a job I don't like with no hobbies. I go to work and tough it out then go home to my kids where I cook and clean and play and take care of them. I get to go running MAYBE twice a week for about an hour or less. I need to make some changes. I need some excitement. I really do want to go ziplining for my anniversary this year and I don't want hubby to chicken out on me this time. Next month will be my 5 year anniversary and I want to be able to do something different. Something other than a dinner and a movie. I want to go to a painting class, I want to go zip lining and I'd be ecstatic if he's go geocaching with me. My life is all about the kids and I love them to death and I would never do anything to jeopardize their happiness, but I'm ready for more. I'm taking risks now people! I'm applying to jobs I wouldn't have thought about working at a month ago. I'm doing things differently now. I'm making plans to hang out with my best friend. I'm treating myself. 
I'd like to be able to come on my blog and be able to write about more than just my kids. Yes they are my life, but I want to write about more. I want to do more. MORE. Here's to the girl who is trying to figure everything out....who is trying to make herself happy... who is wanting to try different things..... who is ready for some changes and who is making it all happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment