Monday, October 29, 2012

Long Week

I've been staying pretty busy. The move at work is tomorrow, so I've been cleaning up and trying to catch up with some work that I've fallen behind with. Its not a big move, we're just moving 2 floors down, but it'll take pretty much all day. Zach's Halloween party at the Y is tomorrow, so I have to leave early for that. If there's even a party now. Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, things are looking a bit shaky. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow! Its been raining for 3 days straight. The fall festival party at the Y on Saturday was a bust. They had to cancel all their outdoor stuff like the inflatables, horse rides and hay ride. A lot of people still showed up and we were all packed inside with mostly carnival games and face painting. Sunday we had family pictures at the fire station. It went ok. Zach fell asleep right after pictures, so I got to go into Walmart and shop by myself while hubby took Lilly to get something to eat and let Zach sleep. It was nice. It was crowded because everyone was preparing for the big storm. Me..I just needed stuff. We were almost out of everything.
Zach was supposed to be a pirate, but his costume was a bit snug. I waited until last minute to put it on him. So, he went in all camo to the fall festival. Lilly went as a vampire. She could actually still fit into a costume she had 3 years ago! We popped in some plastic fangs, painted her nails black, put fake blood down her chin, put in spider earrings and a skull bracelet and she was all set. We got Zach another costume yesterday. He's going to be a soldier now. I have to sew it up a bit because it ripped last night.
We are carving pumpkins tonight. I know its kind of last minute, but its the only time we have to do it and hubby is even missing his weekly meeting at the fire station. Trick or treat is tomorrow, but the way its looking, we're not going out. Temps are going to be in the 30's and its going to snow. The kids got some candy Saturday at the Y and I'll probably go buy some more just to have. Lilly said she doesn't want to go out this year with her father, but there's really nothing I can do about it. I just hope he has enough sense to not go out if weather is bad.
Thanks to Facebook, I've gotten back in touch with a few people that I haven't talked to in years. I invited one girl to come to the fall festival at the Y on Saturday and she came with her little boy, Carter. Her name is Rachael. We were great friends our senior year in high school and into the first semester of college. She dropped out 2 months before I did. I haven't seen her since she quit school. Its been 8 years. She looks the same. I hope to stay in touch with her. It seems we have quite a lot in common. It got to the point that it was comical, how similar we are. Its nice to have a friend with a kid around Zach's age. I can now do mom things with someone instead of doing it alone. She came over to my house after they Y. We were going to go out to eat, but the kids were playing, so we decided to stay in and order pizza. She invited me to her house for a kid friendly Halloween party on Saturday and I'm going to really try to go. I don't know what hubby thought of her, but I don't really care. I don't really like 90% of his friends. Her little boy is a bit rough with Zach, but I'm hoping after a little more time together, it'll get better. Its just so nice to have someone I can talk mom stuff to that already knows me.
Zach was sleepless last night. He was up from midnight until 2:00. Then up from 3:00-4:30 and I woke him up at 6:45 to get ready to leave. I thought real hard on calling off so he could sleep. I probably should have. He seemed ok this morning. Quiet. But as soon as we got to day care, he livened up a bit. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Tuesday, we went out with the softball team to get some pizza and Lilly got a trophy. So far we have 2 trophy's, a metal and....something for soccer...I don't remember. I think they just gave her a piece of paper.
I hope the storm isn't going to be as bad as they are saying its going to be and I hope everyone that is going to get hit hard is prepared and stays safe. I'm just getting the tail end of the hurricane, I'm not in its direct path. I'll keep ya updated though.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic article, it’s very comprehensive and exciting! it’s so helpful to me, and your weblog is very good. I am definitely going to share this URL with my friends. Just bookmarked this site.!

    ReplyDelete