Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bored at Work

I'm just sitting here at work, bored. I don't really want to start anything right now. Its been a busy day as it is. I think its time to sit back and relax. My boss is out for the day. I'll work tomorrow when she's back. I have an hour and a half of trying to look busy now, so I'm updating my blog. Its the holiday season, I get lazy. What can I say? I've already warned my boss that I'm basically worthless at least until after Black Friday. After that we'll just play it by ear.
I bought Zach's big Christmas gift today from a lady that advertised it off of one of the Facebook yardsales. It was the first time I had ever bought anything. I've sold some things. She even came to my work to drop it off to me. I bought him a Power Wheels firetruck. We were looking at something like this. Cabela's is going to have a camo battery powered ATV on Black Friday, but I think the firetruck is a bit safer. He can sit inside of it instead of on top of it. The fire truck only holds up to 40 pounds, but the ATV went up to 65 pounds. That's one bad thing. Its in pretty good shape for a used toy. I'm excited about it. I now have a few things for both kids. I'm not going to get Lilly a telescope anymore. Maybe next year. I figured since Zach is getting a riding toy, she should get one too, so we are going to get her an electric scooter.
The maintenance guys here at work are staring to put up the Christmas decorations. It makes me even more excited. I have an extra tree that I'm going to bring to work and set up in our small little area, but I'll wait another week or so before I do that. I probably even have some decorations I can put on it. We'll probably even end up getting a bigger tree this year for the house. Or we'll wait until after the holidays when everything is on sale and get it for next year.
My mom just called, so I have 1/2 an hour now until I leave.
If everything goes ok, Friday, I'm going with my bff to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. I'm excited about it, but I'm not at the same time. I've been kind of disappointed in the movies so far. I heard that there's going to be a twist ending, so that has my curiosity sparked. I'm trying to figure out how I can go. It just depends on how long it is and when it started cuz I have to make sure I can be there to pick Zach up. Hubby is leaving Friday to go to the camp for hunting.
Oh, and did I mention that I finally have pictures hung up in my house? I think I did, but its still an awesome thing.
Today was employee appreciation day at work. We got free breakfast and played games all day. The training department would send out an email to everyone with a riddle and you have to solve it. 3 people for each question wins. There's been 5 questions. We are just awaiting the winners now.
Now, I'm just rambling to pass the time. And now my mind is drawing a blank. I think I've run out of things to talk about at the moment.
While going through my things in the basement that has been stuffed in storage for years, I came across what is the beginning of a book that I was writing. Of course its just a rough draft and needs plenty of improvement, but I'm thinking about trying to finish it. If I have time. Its kind of a adventure/suspense theme. Its about these 4 girls that run away from home, end up in another state and try to make a life for themselves. One gets injured really bad, one becomes a prostitute, one has a baby and I think one of them dies. After a few years, they decide to move back home, but it still doesn't go well from there. I've only gotten to the point where they start to leave and have made it halfway to their destination. Its kind of hard to write about a place I've never been. But I think with the help of Google Maps, I can now pin point exactly the characteristics of this place. I just don't know when I'll have time to do it. I've had a couple more ideas about books. I've thought of a scary one, but haven't really gotten to figure out exactly what the scary part is yet. I've even thought about writing a book or two about my Black Friday adventures. I started one a few years ago, but I have no idea where it ended up. I also found my paintings while digging through my stuff. I think I'm going to give them to Lilly if she wants them.
Ok, I know have 20 ish minutes before I head out and I still have to get this thing posted. I also want to share this picture with you of Zach's new Power Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment