Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Time goes by so fast

I just fell asleep at my desk so I figured it was time to get my brain going, so I'm updating my blog.
We went to a party of one of my old new friends on Saturday. Zach played with her son again. It was a good party. Very kid friendly. She even had the tv turned on cartoons for the boys. I only had one jello shooter and one small alcoholic drink. I don't even know what it was. Orange juice and pineapple flavored vodka. I'm not a big drinker, especially in front of my kids, but for the spirit of it all, I had a little. Wasn't even enough to give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Sunday was spent mostly down in the basement going through all my stuff that was in my storage building. I think I'm about 1/2 way through. I have so many clothes. Between me and Lilly, there's like 30 trash bags full. And then I have all the boxes. My brothers, Chris and Tony finally got an apartment together, so I really want to get through my stuff to give them some things. I really want to have the basement clean and an area rug down by Christmas so the kids can do down there to play. My grandparents got Zach a tent and Lilly already has one set up in the basement, but the floor is cold down there. I'm going to work on it a little through the week. I'm taking Friday off to work on it some more while the kids are gone. Lilly's school is having an awards assembly at about 8:45 on Friday, so I have to take a break and go for that.
Nothing really happened yesterday. I still hate my job and I got really angry yesterday. I don't really want to talk about it. I'm still wanting out and I hope to get out soon. But I've been trying forever and haven't gotten anywhere, so whatever.
A really old and really good friend contacted me last night on Facebook. Took me by complete surprise. He was my best friend for about 2 or 3 years. I was friends with him before I started dating Lilly's father. They became good friends and then her father got to keep him as a friend in the break up. They even work together now. I've missed him. We didn't really talk about much. It was late. We talked about how fast time has gone by and I even said to mom today that I was preparing for my black Friday shopping coming up in 16 days and it feels like we just had Christmas. I vividly remember sitting up until 2 am on Christmas morning putting together toys for the kids and doing last minute wrapping. Was that not just yesterday? What has happened to the time? Its crazy. I can't believe it. My kids are growing up and I'm growing old. Zach is in pull-ups now. We are just beginning potty training and he's doing ok. Lilly is in the second grade with straight A's. Almost every paper she brings home from school, she has a perfect score. I am so very proud of her. It seems like yesterday it was just me and her staying up late and falling asleep cuddling on my couch in my tiny apartment in town. Oh, if I had a time machine, I would go back and relive everything just as it happened. I wouldn't change a thing.
Today is election day. I went out on my lunch hour and voted. I did a bit of research before I went on votesmart.org and it helped out a bit.
Well... here's some pictures of the kids. There's a couple of Zach and his new friend Carter at the party, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment