Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Talking About All the Things!

So Black Friday is only 16 days away. I still don't really have any money saved up either. I think I finally have about $50 that I haven't touched. I'm hoping to add another $50 on each Friday leading up to it, so I'd have $200. Hubby said he'd give me some money. The thing I want to get him is $150 and then I have online stuff for my mom and brothers and stuff. Of course I don't have to get the online stuff for a while. I think..... I didn't think about delivery times. I might have to try to get that stuff ASAP. Christmas is just a month and a half away, people!! I'm freaking out. I am so excited for Black Friday. I'm still not actually sure if I'll be able to go or not due to no baby sitter for Zach. But a lot of places are having great sales on Thanksgiving and even through Saturday and a couple places through Monday. So if I don't get to go out, I will still be able to get my stuff. I did get the Black Friday app yesterday and have been adding things to my wishlist, so all I have to do is open it up and look to see what I need and what store its cheapest at. I did see a power wheels thing that is Zach's size that is a cammo 4-wheeler. If we get it, I might hold it for his birthday or something. Maybe. I sent a picture of it to hubby to see what he thought, but he hasn't said anything yet. I am just so excited!!!!! I have been scouting out Black Friday ads. Yes, some of them are already out. K-mart has released theirs. Cabela's has released theirs. Walgreens, Staples, Michaels, Best Buy.. all out. I'm mostly waiting for Walmart, Toys-r-Us, and Target's to be released now. Then I can really start planning. I just thought I'd have more money saved up by now.
I found out that the day care the kids go to are hiring part time from 2:00-6:00. I was thinking about it. Work where I am now from 7:30-1:30 then go to the Y. I'd get a discount on child care. But after I did some math, me losing those 2 hours a day didn't even out the discount. I be losing money and getting home at a later time. I'm just trying to find ways to make some extra money for the holidays. I might resort to cleaning houses on the weekends for a few extra bucks. Or something. I don't know yet.
Ok. The election is over. When I went to vote, I saved the president for last. I thought about my views and feelings on everything. I thought about how my life has been the past 4 years. I went for Obama. Yes, he's not really for the coal industry which is basically what powers my state, but he is for women's rights. I felt that if I voted for Romney, I would be saying that I was ok with America going back 75 years where the white male is what mattered. Romney was trying to tell women how to live their lives and I was not ok with that. I want to be equal to men. I want to live in a world where my kids have a chance, where my daughter won't be scrutinized, where women have a right to their own bodies. Now, on this issue, I just want to say that I am pro-choice and only for the fact that I would rather a woman realize that she can't care for a child before its too late. We have so many unwanted kids in America. We have so many children that are abused, neglected and killed because their parents didn't want them or couldn't care for them. I also believe that if a woman is raped, she should have the choice whether or not to have that baby. Could you go the rest of your life having to share custody with the man that raped you? That's how the court system works. If the father seeks custody or visitation rights, the court doesn't care if your child was a product of rape or not. I personally would never get an abortion, but I feel women should have the right to decide that on their own. I used to be pro-life until I started watching the news and I see all these babies that are born addicted to drugs or live in a dirty house or are left in the car on blistering hot days or are pushed and shoved and abused and starved. I do also believe that there needs to be a shorter time limit on when you can have abortions. I heard Arizona is making their latest time at 20 weeks, but I think we need to go earlier. I think as soon as you know you are pregnant, that's when the decision needs to be made. 10 weeks or less. A baby is likely to survive outside the womb at 24 weeks. Yes, this is a touchy issue, but these are my views.
I am also for same-sex marriage. I believe that you don't choose who you fall in love with and no one should be able to tell you that its wrong. We don't live in the 1800's people. We don't live in a nation with arranged marriages or women staying home while the men work. This is 2012. Things have changed and will continue to change. Why can't gays have the same rights as straights? If they want to be married to share the same benefits, let them. They can love just as much as we love. They are people. They are no different.
Yes, I am a Christian, but there are things in the Bible that has changed as time went on. Like.. back then, women were basically property, couldn't wear pants and had babies if it was God's will. No birth control. Several wives. So many other things that I can't think of right now. Times change. We don't live in a time where people live hundred of years anymore. I'm not bashing the Bible. As I said, I am a Christian. I just believe that times change, which they do.
In the first 4 years that Obama was president, I got a full time job and am now making the most I have since I started working 8 years ago. Hubby did get laid off, but after 5 months he got a much better job with excellent pay. I had my second child. We bought our first house. I have health care for myself and my family for the first time that isn't issued by the state government. My kids have never gone hungry and always have plenty. They've always had clothes and a roof over their head. They've always had clothes to wear. I don't think Obama did such a bad job. My life got better while he was in office. But I also think that a lot of it has to do with me. I strive to make sure my kids are fine and I am not being supported by welfare. It kills me to see people on welfare that shouldn't and I strongly believe that those on welfare needs to be drug tested. So, I guess I'll sit back and see how the next 4 years are going to turn out. Hubby was all for Romney and so he's not having a happy day. But today is the happiest I've been all week.
When I was done voting, I was on my way back to my car, and my grandparents pull in. I was stuck in conversation with them, but I was on my lunch hour break and tried to get going. It was kind of funny. I thought that they would have already been there. They are both for Romney. I think I'm the only one in my family that was pro Obama... Other than Tony, my brother. He called me last night and we talked for 2 hours. Everything popped up. He told me last week that he was going to propose to his long time girlfriend and I helped him pick out a ring over the internet. I introduced him to Black Diamonds and he loved them. They are both goth, so its perfect and Black diamonds are cheaper than white too. He's having it delivered to my house.
Hubby's oldest nephew had surgery Sunday to get his appendix removed. It was almost ruptured. We are going to go visit him at home today to see how he's doing.
Zach's new words are nugget, diaper and tv. Yeah, I realize that's completely random, but I wanted to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment