Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Almost school time

Saturday I thought Lilly's hermit crab had died. Yesterday I told her about it and she cried for a bit until I got her laughing saying its up in heaven pinching God's toes now. She said she wanted another one. She brought one home last year from the beach and named it Hermie. I got it a friend in November and she named it Squirmy. Squirmy is the one that died. Or so I thought. I've been reading about it today and it may not have died. What I thought was Squirmy could have just been a shell where he shed is skeleton. He could just be buried or hiding somewhere in the tank. Or, it could have been him, but not dead. Some things I've read said that they look dead when they are molting, but aren't. If that's the case, then he's already in the dumpster.... which makes me sad that I jumped to conclusions thinking it was dead. So, when I get home, I'm going to dig around the tank and see if I can find it. Things I read said that it won't always go back to its shell right away after shedding. Sometimes they just hang out in the sand. We don't have sand in the tank though. I wanted to get them sand so they could dig and bury themselves but hubby was pretty set on just getting those little colorful pebbles. But still, I'm going to look to double check before I go buy Dermie.

Lilly has an open house at her Kindergarten class today. She'll get to meet her teacher, see what kids are going to be in her room, get her locker, her desk... and I'll get to ask all my questions. We are all very excited. School starts this Friday!! I'm taking that day off. Not because I have to, but because I want to. I want to take her to school and pick her up instead of using the day care to do it on the first day. The day care will do it from now on, but for the first day, I want to do it. I got the lunch menu offline yesterday and I highlighted the days I know she will want to take her own lunch and I even went ahead and made a list of what she is taking on those days. This way we're not fighting about it or rushing around trying to come up with something that morning. She's taking her own lunch on the first day. They are having chicken fajitas. Yes, they are yummy, but my little girl is a very picky eater. She likes tacos, but not chicken tacos and fajitas are just not her thing.

Speaking of her day care... they lost her beach towel and bathing suit. I bought both at the beginning of summer and she has only used them there for water days. We haven't gotten to use them at home. She's been using my beach towel and a different bathing suit that we had to go buy cuz her other one was at day care. A month ago I started asking where her things were and they are still "missing." I think a parent took her things home. They had everything just laying on top of the cubbies out in the hallway where no one was watching. They could have at least put it in HER cubby instead of laying everything on top of all the cubbies. I am very upset about this. I pay good money for her to go there and for her and her things to be well taken care of. If they are going to start losing her things and being negligent then I'm going to have to find another day care. I pulled her out of one already because the teacher watched as another parent took Lilly's jacket and they did nothing about it. I don't pay them to lose her things. It would be understandable if it was something small like a toy and it got mixed up in their toys, broken or even lost...but this is both her towel and bathing suit. I finally sent the director an email telling her what's going on and she said she will see what she can do. If they still can't find it, I expect them to do something. Buy her replacements or something.

Hmm... an hour til lunch and I'm starving. Should I eat now and be hungry later, or just wait it out? I think I'll wait half an hour. This baby is keeping me hungry. I'm hungry all day every day and I can't eat enough to get full. I have to stop myself from eating too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment