Monday, August 9, 2010

Just 2 more weeks

Hubby was sick on Saturday.... really really sick. So I took care of him the best I could without getting sick myself. I kept the house clean and washed everything. I made him wash the bed sheets when he was better the next day, though. I wouldn't touch 'em. I used hand sanitizer so much that day it was crazy. So... I slept on the couch. The very uncomfortable couch. The not so wide couch. The couch that doesn't like pregnant chicks. The couch with the horrible material....with the big blue light from the satellite box glaring in my eyes. I was up several times throughout the night with him. I fetched things for him for 2 days and one full night. I went to the 7-11 so many times. I think I would rather take care of Lilly when she's sick. She's not such a big baby like he is. I don't want that to sound mean or anything. She doesn't complain like he does. Yeah, she's whiney...but that's expected from a sick person. He is beyond whiney. You know what I get when I'm sick? I still get to cook and clean. I don't get to rest. The last time I was sick, I went to the 7-11 to get the stuff for myself, I cooked for the 2 of them, I didn't get to lay down for 2 straight days, and I had Lilly in my face almost the entire time. Apparently I'm not the only one who goes through this. I've talked to a few gals and they say that they would much rather take care of a sick child than a man and they don't get to rest when they are sick either. So, yes...I'm exhausted and a bit irritated.

Lilly finally asked me the question I've been expected her to ask for a long time. "Mommy? Mommies and Daddies are suppose to live together, so why don't you and daddy live together?" I explained it the best way I could.
"Because I'm living with Da da (that's what she calls hubby. That's what she's always called him) and Daddy is living with his girlfriend (we'll call her just gf for this blog). Da da is your step-dad and whenever daddy gets married, gf will be your step-mom. You'll have two dad's and two mom's. Daddy and gf have a kid and me and Da da is getting ready to have one."
"Yeah, mommy but how did daddy and gf have a kid and then you and daddy have me?"
"Um... that's just the way it worked out."
"But how are you and Da da having a baby if you and daddy already have me?"
"Because God wants you to be a big sister."
"Oh, ok."
It was a bit awkward, but I think she gets it. I told her about how I have a step mom and some step dads and that my mom and dad don't live together and everyone had different kids.


Oh..........................2 MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And happy 8-9-10!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment