Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Almost time for baby!

I've been trying to figure out just exactly where we are going to put this child once he arrives. It has been decided that he will sleep in the pack and play but we have no idea where we are going to put that. My original thought was to put it in the living room where the Christmas tree was, but after thinking about it, its not such a good idea. I'd have to get up and wake the baby up every morning to take him to the bedroom so hubby could get ready for work. I'd like for it to be at the foot of the bed, but then where would we put the Cedar chest? And I have no idea what to do with all the baby's clothes and such. There is no room in any of the dressers and we have no more room under the beds for a storage bin. I have tried to have this discussion with hubby so everything is planned out and done and we won't have to worry about it later, but he just does not want to talk about it. He keeps saying that we have plenty of time to worry about all that stuff. You wanna know the funny thing? Hubby doesn't think I will make it past this Friday. If he thinks I'm giving birth so early, then why can't we get the stuff ready for the baby. I can't even get him to decide on an outfit for us to take him home in.
I am dead tired. I wake up about 4 or 5 times a night just to eat a Tum, 4 or 5 more times to go pee, about 3 times to blow my nose and once or twice to cover Lilly back up, reposition her in her bed so she doesn't fall out or taking her a tissue. I use to go to bed promptly at 10:00 every night, but these past couple of weeks it hasn't happened. Every time I lay down, the baby is wide awake. Last night he started kicking and moving and was causing me a lot of pain and hubby kept asking me if it was time to go to the hospital. I kept telling him "no, its just the baby moving." And his response..." isn't that was causes contractions?" "No dear, the baby does not cause the contractions. It only hurts cuz he's pushing downward like he's digging his way out or something." "But that's a contraction. We need to get ready so I can take you." "No, that's not what a contraction is." I kept waiting for a contraction to pop up so he could feel what my belly feels like when I'm having one, but I didn't have one last night when hubby was near. I finally got the baby repositioned so his movements didn't hurt as bad and we went to bed. This is about midnight. The baby is still wide awake and kicking, but I can sleep through it as long as it doesn't hurt. I push my belly up against hubby's back and tell him its his turn to be kicked and I fall right to sleep. But I'm just so exhausted all day every day now. I can't get anything done at work. I don't get any kind of energy until about 8:00 at night and that's not every night.
I've also gained about 5 more pounds than I wanted to and its not over with yet. I'm going to have to watch the scales. I can blame it on the holidays, but I need to watch what I do and not gain any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment