Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Still here!

My feet and legs are sooooooooooo swollen. My ankles are sticking out past my shoe. I feel like a freaking whale. I remember going through this with Lilly, I couldn't even fit into my shoes. The place I worked at the moment made me come to work in my house shoes. Isn't that a safety hazzard or something? Doc appointment isn't until Friday. I may just be retaining water. I was reading something just now that said that if the swelling is sudden I should call my doc. Um.... it was sudden. I looked at my legs and feet when I hopped in the shower last night and I couldn't believe how big they were. I think I can wait until Friday to talk to my doc though. I just take this as a sign that we are really really close to the end. My hands are a bit swollen, but not too bad. I can still get my rings on and off, with a little bit more effort though.
I keep getting all kinds of energy late at night. I separated the baby's clothes into sizes last night...well... the ones that are washed. I was even standing in the kitchen at 11:00 doing the dishes! I just can't help but think of everything that still needs to be done and everything that needs to be cleaned and everything we need to make room for. I'm getting so excited and anxious and nervous and worried. My brain won't turn off.
My stomach feels like its on fire sometimes. Yeah, my heartburn has gotten worse, but that shouldn't cause my stomach to feel that way. I gotta remember to ask the doc about that. I guess I'm just at that point where I'm miserable. I feel gross, I look gross, I'm so tired, and I have all these emotions and thoughts running by me. Lilly was easy to deal with when she was born. It was just me and her. I didn't have to worry about anyone else, I didn't have to worry about needing extra room or who she's going to wake up. But now, I'm worried about the baby waking both Lilly and hubby in the middle of the night when they both have to get up really early the next day.
My work just threw me a surprise mini baby shower. It wasn't like the other baby showers here at work, but I basically had everything I needed and I don't really like all that attention. It was nice of them to think of me. Got a big box of diapers and one of those thermometers that all you have to do is run it across the baby's forehead. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment