Thursday, April 28, 2011

Untitled... No title...whatever

Book of Even More Awesome comes out today in the US and I get mine in just a few more days.
 
 
My scar from my c-section is hurting and bothering me today. It hurts to stand. It hurts to sit. I took some Aleve and developed a headache and the pain from my scar didn't go away. How did that happen?
Lilly has a game tomorrow, hopefully it won't rain. Her last one got canceled due to the rain. The rain never stops falling and the gas prices never stop raising. Gas was $4.05 the other day, but dropped to $3.99 yesterday. Not a big difference, but still.... I started driving when gas was $2.25. I know.... YOU remember when it was less than a dollar for a gallon of gas.... anyway... I saw a month ago, a picture on the news of a gas station from 2002 and gas was $1.50 a gallon.
Anywho.... been trying to come up with a way to nicely ask my boss for a raise without coming off too strong, needy, desperate, mean or too nice. I need just the right way to ask. I can't afford to keep working here if I don't get a raise soon. I was told a couple months ago that I'd be getting a raise, I just need to know when and how much. I might have to look for a better paying job or a second job. I don't really have the time to take on a second job and I really don't want to change jobs right now, but if I have to, I will.
I feel like crap today, besides my headache and my scar pain. I did manage to get a bit more sleep last night. Zach slept until 3:00 in the morning, which was great.
Today is bring your daughter to work day. I didn't. Lilly had school and I know if I brought her to work one time she'd try to come every chance she got. "But mom," She'd say, "I don't have school today, why can't I come to your work? You let me last time!!" She'll get mad and start pouting, maybe stomp her foot or do some kind of whiney noise. I'll tell her to stop it. She'll do it again. I'll send her to her room.... Lets just avoid all that right now and not bring her to work. Maybe wait until she's a bit older.
Oh, and in case you live under a rock... the Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is tomorrow. I have no intention on watching it.... or even reading about it. I am, however, curious as to what the cake looks like. That I will google tomorrow when I get to work. I don't understand how people can be so obsessed over this wedding. My grandma is one of those people. She even went out and got herself a fake ring that looks like Kate's. I watched an episode of The Middle where the mom was crazy over the wedding and ended up having a breakdown cuz the new tv wouldn't work right and no one else in the house appreciated the wedding and made fun of her. Then, she got a bad case of pink eye and couldn't open her eyes. Anway.... I just don't understand all the hooplah over it. Yeah, its a royal wedding. Yeah, its gonna be pretty...but I just don't get it.
I don't really feel much like writing today, but it looks like I did. Might heat up some lunch, see if that helps my headache. Oh, speaking of.... I'm going to try this new thing where I only eat things if they require a fork/spoon and a plate. No more hot dogs. No more burgers. No more pizza. No more pop tarts. No more chicken nuggets. We'll see how well that goes. Apparently, food that requires utensils are essentially more healthy for you and using a plate will make you more aware of your food thus eating less. Oh, and no cake...even though that does go on a plate and you eat it with a fork. I'm going to have to start tomorrow. I already ate a pop tart and some cheese crackers today. Hmmm...I guess that rules out my hard boiled egg too. I could make egg salad, but wouldn't just the egg itself be better? Ok, so its got some quirks and I need to tweak it a bit. I shall report on how I'm doing weekly...if I remember. Since I'm beginning this new "diet" tomorrow, I'll talk about my progress on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment