Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 12

I don't know why people would wait so long to tell others that they are pregnant. I told everyone as soon as I found out, both times. Here at work it seemed like the girls didn't start saying anything until they were barely showing. Why? I just don't understand.
This website I've been using to do my weekly posts about the baby makes having a baby sound worse than it is. Talks about not being able to do anything ever again, like have a romantic meal with your significant other, go grocery shopping, hang out with friends, have any time to yourself...that's not the case. I don't know who wrote the stuff on that site, but its all ridiculous. There are babysitters, the baby does actually sleep, you can take the baby places with you like shopping or visiting friends and family. I think that's what it is... I've heard about and know of a lot of people that don't think they can do anything just because they have a child. Some of them won't even take a shower or clean the house unless they take the kid somewhere else or have someone over to watch them. That's crazy nonsense. BTW...a lot of babies can sleep through the sound of a vacuum.
One thing that's funny, if you read below, that I do gag now when I brush my teeth. Its not the brushing that gets to me, its when I go to spit everything out. That's when I gag. Oh, and I can't even hold anything in my mouth anymore without gagging. I tried biting on a pen yesterday cuz my hands were full and I didn't know what else to do with it while I walked to my desk..... and I gagged and had to spit the pen out which made me gag more.
And I really do not like it when people touch my tummy when I'm pregnant. Its ok if hubby does it...its his kid. And Lilly can to....but it just bothers me when other people do it and some don't even ask...they just go right in there and start touching and rubbing the tummy. I'm not showing yet, so people aren't doing it yet, but last time......I wanted to punch some people in their face. I have never touched another pregnant woman's stomach unless she specifically asks if I want to....and I only will if the baby is moving or something like that.



Your Pregnancy: Week 12~If you've kept the news of your pregnancy in a lockbox so far, now is a good time to break the news ... likely by shouting, "I'm pregnant!" at all your friends and family and probably several strangers. Try to tell people in person when possible and then prepare to be assaulted with hugs and hands groping at your belly. But be kind: They're doing it out of love and curiosity. And, hey, you're pregnant! It's all good!Wondering what's up with your body, your baby and your life this week? Read on ...

What You're Thinking: "Finally I can tell everybody that I'm not getting fat, I'm just pregnant!"


Your Body~You can barely brush your teeth without gagging so the mere thought of visiting the dentist may make you retch. Still, healthy teeth and gums are especially important during pregnancy as poor dental care can lead to a variety of problems such as pregnancy-related gingivitis and periodontal disease, neither of which sound like any fun at all. Plus, poor dental health during pregnancy has been associated with premature and low-birth-weight babies. Book an appointment, but be sure to let your dentist know you're expecting, so you can avoid dental X-rays. If you notice strange lumps on your gums, don't worry. It's just another perk of being preggo. Many women develop harmless, non-cancerous oral tumors when pregnant. And just when you were feeling really sexy ...


Your Baby~Baby's face is looking more human as his eyes have moved to the front of his head and his ears are in place. Hooray! Other amazing fetal highlights this week: Your baby is able to swallow this week and practices on the amniotic fluid he or she floats in. (And you thought baby food was kind of nasty!) And in case you're wondering how your kid can breathe in all that fluid, here's your answer: Fetuses get oxygen from the blood pumped into their bodies by the placenta and don't breathe with their lungs. Mystery solved! This is kind of gross, albeit fascinating, so feel free to skip ahead: Your baby's intestines are well under way, but they aren't all where you'd expect them to be. Instead of all being locked away in the body cavity, some are dangling on the outside, in the umbilical cord. Ewwww. Don't forget to put a baby nail file on your registry—your little nugget's finger- and toenails are forming this week. The chin and nose are also becoming more defined. Junior has doubled in size over the past two weeks and now weighs almost ½ ounce. He's also now around 2 ½ inches long, about the length of your pinky finger or a Vienna sausage, which, in a few months, will be indistinguishable from one another.


Your Life~Once baby's here, the chances of you remembering to shop for food, never mind actually eating, are slim to none. So prepare a cheat sheet for a designated grocery getter now:Write out a week's worth of your favorite quick and easy meals. (Looking for new ideas? Check out our Weekly Meal Planner.) Not feeling up to going out? Then stay in—just make sure to stay stocked up on the food you need to make healthy meals and snacks. You will never fully appreciate the luxury of food shopping by yourself until you have a baby. So why not head to a local farmers market and browse the aisles alone? Pick up fresh veggies and make a pasta primavera dinner for you and your partner. The same dinner post-baby will most likely consist of mac and cheese with frozen peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment