Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm back!

Ok so I'm back! I will post pictures of the baby tomorrow. This post will just be me rambling on and on and on.
Zachary David was born January 21 at 4:15 weighing 7.8 pounds and was 21.25 inches long. He has a full head of black hair and is cute as can be. Lilly has been a great help with him and hubby is still adjusting.

On Thursday January 20 at about 11:30 pm, we headed to the hospital in horrible weather. We were slipping and sliding all over the road. I sent a text to my family not to come that night due to the weather, that they could come the next day or the day after that-hubby's mom and dad came though. I got to the ER, they sent me to triage. At 2:30 am they had me walking the halls cuz I was only 3 cm dilated. They told me that if the weather wasn't so bad, they would send me home. At about 5:00 am I finally went into the delivery room, but was only 4 cm dilated. At around 8:00 am hubby's sister showed up and I was trying to get Lilly there (she was at her father's grandma's house cuz school was closed that day and it was his weekend to have her). About 9:00 am they gave me the epidural. I still haven't gotten any sleep. I've been up since 5:00 am on the previous day.... over 24 hours. At 10:00 I was fighting with Lilly's father's mom to get Lilly to the hospital. At noon, after they broke my water, Lilly was finally on her way. My mom was snowed in, I had no family there except hubby. 2:00 pm my second ex-step dad (who has been more of a father to me than my own) showed up. At 3:00 it was time to start pushing and they turned off my epidural. Why? I have no idea why they turned it off. It was just me and hubby. For the first half an hour, hubby had his head between his knees. Then he finally stood up and was holding my head... yes...head...not hand. I pushed for an hour and the baby went nowhere. They said I was just too tired and I was. I was doing this without any sleep for 36 hours. At 4:00 pm they threw me in to get a C-section. Halfway through I started to feel them and it hurt soooooooooooo bad. I started screaming and they shot me up with more pain meds. I got a nice bruise where I felt them. At 4:15 Zach came out and hubby was trying to show me where he was, but I fell asleep. I didn't get to hold him cuz they had to close me up, so I just went to sleep.
I went to the recovery room and hubby brought Lilly in there and a nurse brought Zach. Lilly got to hold him before I did. (back up just a bit.... Everytime they would check to see how far I was dilated, I would shiver for a few minutes after they was done. Don't know why. I just did) I was laying in the bed shivering uncontrollably. I tried to stop cuz I didn't want to scare Lilly, but I couldn't. She held Zach, I got a pic, then Zach had to go get his tests done and Lilly's father was there to pick her up. She cried. She didn't want to leave. They moved me into the next room where I would be for the rest of my stay and the visitors poured in. All I wanted to do was sleep, but I didn't. We scheduled his pictures and his circumcision. Finally at 11:00 pm, I went to sleep with hubby in the next bed.
The rest of the hospital stay went smoothly.
My maternity leave was spent visiting, making doctor appointments, cleaning, exercising, and sleeping. At first Zach had his days and nights mixed up, but we got that all straightened out now. Hubby's been a great help and so has Lilly. Hubby just can't handle it late at night when its our bedtime and all the baby wants to do is cry. There for a while we thought he had cholic, but he's just fighting sleep. Hubby can do it for about 5 minutes, but then I have to take over.
Zach's sleeping habits have improved a bit, but they still aren't great.
He's a very happy and healthy baby who is loved very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment