Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pic of Lilly at 6 weeks

My step brother got married about a week and a half ago. He's 21, she's 16. Neither one of them are ready for marriage...and she's pregnant...yet another thing they aren't ready for. They might surprise me though and they could take this opportunity to grow up and stop acting like they are 5. She's due in July. I'm sure, though, that my step mom is going to be the one taking care of the baby...she is the one taking care of them. I hope she doesn't drop out of school and he gets a good job.
My (full) brother directly below me turned 18 on the 4th. I went and kidnaped him, took him to the mall and then out to eat at iHop. It was the first time he ever ate there and he loved it. I baked him a cake, too.
Did Zach's 6 week old pictures the same day. It was the main reason to go to the mall, but my bubby was excited to go cuz he doesn't get to very often. Zach did ok with his pics, I was trying to get this one pose of him. Its the same pose I got of Lilly when she was 6 weeks old. I went to the same place, they had the same pillow, the same blanket and almost the same background, but they didn't have the same teddy bear. There was a bit of an issue with the stuffed animal. They had a bear, but it was too big and really fuzzy. The only thing the right size was a bright orange Tigger. So this is a picture of Lilly at 6 weeks. Whenever I get Zach's pictures back I will post it on here. I think he looks A LOT like Lilly at that age. So anyway... it was the end of the day, he was grumpy and tired and not very cooperative. He kept making a crying face, but not really crying and he kept crossing his eyes. He also had some strong focus on his hand. He'd hold his hand in front of his face, look at it with big eyes, go cross-eyed and then stuff his fist in his mouth and suck on it for a while. I finally gave up on trying to get the same pose and told the photographer to just start taking pics. I didn't care if his hand was in his mouth...that's just who he is and what he does and I think its cute anyway. We did get some really cute pictures of him, didn't get the right pose, but they are adorable anyway.
 
Zach also did his very first artwork at the Y the other day. I brought him home and noticed some green paint under his nails. I knew they painted with the babies, so I knew they did something with him, but I saw it for the first time today. They made shamrocks out of the kids hand prints. I love it!! I have decided that for Father's Day, since its hubby's first one, I'm gonna have the kids do their hand and feet prints in some plaster or with finger paints on some paper. I can't wait. I know he will love them. Last year, Lilly gave him the cards and crafts she made at the Y that said "Dad" on them and he loved them. He teared up a little. They are still displayed on his night stand.
 
Some more fun memories from labor~
 
After they had moved me into the delivery room and gave me the great pain meds, one nurse thought that the baby was turned the wrong way.... breech. She went and got another nurse and she told her to do an ultrasound to be sure. He wasn't. He was the right way. What do they know? Another nurse thought his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck or something cuz every time I had a contraction his heartbeat would go down. This coming hours after they broke my water, so they pumped me full of fluid to allow him to float around a bit to loosen the cord. I don't know if that did anything or not. I can't remember right now. Not like it mattered much since they had me go in for a C-section after an hour of pushing.
 
We didn't come up with the name until after I was given the epidural and was laying there waiting for the doc to tell me it was time. Me and hubby threw out the last minute names while I was still in Triage. They were Zachary Alexander, Zachary David, Alexander David, David Alexander, and Michael Alexander. So after a few hours, right before they moved me to my delivery room, we decided as far as Zachary. Then while I was laying there half drugged up I was listening to hubby's sister tell him that she wished she knew what his name was going to be. I opened my eyes and said, "Dear.......I have decided the name." You should have seen his face. He wasn't very happy. I said, "I'm willing to give up my middle name." and with that he knew that he had won and that Zach's middle name was going to be David. No one knew we had agreed on any part of the name yet, but here was Lilly out in the waiting room telling everyone that we were naming the baby Zachary. How did she know when we only just knew about it? She is the one that picked out his first name. It went on the list as soon as she said it. Proud sister named her little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment