Thursday, April 15, 2010

Intro to myself

Its tax day! Fortunately, I have already filed my taxes. Wasn't too happy about the outcome of it all, but at least it was better than last year. Everyone here at work is running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything done by the deadline. I work in the trust department of a bank and we basically have to do parts of clients taxes and get them mailed out today. They should have done it a long time ago Well...they do, I don't. I work in the corporate trust department. Most of our client are businesses and such. Procrastination gets the best of everyone, though.
Ok, now that I have said that....I will move on to better introduce myself. I know I probably don't have anyone out there reading this....but just in case.
Born and raised in WV in the country. I am a country girl. I love 4 wheeling, camping, hunting, fishing, getting muddy and just basically being outdoors. I'm 23 with a 5 year old daughter. Got married almost 2 years ago to a volunteer fireman. I moved out of my country setting when I got married and took my child to live with hubby in a small city. Well, I don't know if you would call it a city, but its certainly not a town. I volunteer for Relay For Life. My boss here at the bank is the team captain. I have one really good friend from high school. She is the only one who has stuck with me. Love her to death. She already moved 2 hours away last year and now she is getting ready to move 5 1/2 hours away. I cried last time, I'd hate to see what I do this time. Cling to her leg and beg her not to go?
I'm pretty quiet, love to read, cook, spend time with my family. I have never been to a beach or on an airplane. My next step in life is to get a house and have another child. Hopefully the house will come first. There are 3 of us squishing in a one bedroom apartment. All of my stuff is in storage. I don't really have any of my belongings in the apartment. Some clothes, that's it. My daughter has most of her stuff. I just wish we had more room.
Did I mention that I love food? I don't love food so much that I am extremely overweight or anything. Look at my picture up there. I know I'm not skinny....I'm healthy. So anyways.....I love Chinese and Mexican food. I'm trying to perfect making Chinese food at home. I love to experiment in the kitchen. I'm always trying out new things and making up my own recipes. They aren't always the best, but I learn from my mistakes.
My life revolves around my daughter. She is my world. I would do anything for her. She reminds me so much of myself. She acts so grown up and is so smart. I know most parents probably say that, but she REALLY is. She can get along with just about anyone. She is kind, articulate, empathetic, bright, and happy. She learned how to write her name when she was 2. She can count to 100 and beyond. She can cut a straight line with scissors, which is more than I can do. She uses big words that I don't think any other 5 year old will know. She wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I know that will probably change. I use to want to be a professional ice skater at her age and I couldn't even skate.
I went to college for Biology, but dropped out after a semester and a half because I had my daughter. My scholarship wouldn't let me take time off to have a child and I had no other way to pay for it. One of these days I will go back. While pregnant I was a full time student with a full time job. After I had her I was a full time mom with a full time job....and I still am. Times are tough sometimes. Trying to split the time between me and her father. We are due to go back to court next Friday.
So...that's basically me. I'm happy where I am in life but I have big dreams for more.
I hope everything came out ok on this post since I copied and pasted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment