Monday, April 19, 2010

My dear friend

The weekend was not one of the best weekends for me. My grandpa lost a pint of blood because something broke off inside his nose or something and it wouldn't stop bleeding.
My best friend's brother was in a head on collision. Her family is like my family so it might as well have been my brother in that wreck. He is ok, but he was driving her car. Its totaled.
Also found out yesterday that one of my dear friends past away a few weeks ago and I didn't even know about it. I worked with her for 2 years before I quit and moved on to other jobs. I still stopped in every once in a while to see her and a few others. Me and my daughter called her Maw Maw Mary. The last time I saw her, I was telling her to go to the hospital because she was coughing up blood. A couple of days after that I was told that she had lung cancer. I wanted to call her or go visit her, but I was afraid that I would get in the way for her family. She was admitted in a hospice house and past away there on March 28, 2010, she was 53. I should have gone to see her while she was in the hospice house. I should have called. I should have stayed in better touch with everyone. I should have been at the funeral on April 1. I should have been there for her daughter. I wish I would have known. I have no one to blame but myself. I missed the opportunity to say goodbye to one of my best friends. She was always there for me and I should have been there for her. She gave me advice and guided me in the right places. She was like a grandma. I don't even have a picture of her or anything. As long as we worked together, I should have at least a picture. Ever since I left that workplace, I haven't gotten close to any other co-workers. That was a special place. That place had Mary. She will forever be in my thoughts and prayers. At least I know she is pain free now; she is at peace now. My heart aches for her and many tears still fall for her. Mary...I miss you so much and I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most. I should have been there. I should have been there to hold your hand. I should have been there to give you some comfort. I should have been there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment