Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day weekend

Oh, Mother's Day................



So Saturday I get up at 6:30, take a shower, feed Lilly, get us both ready and head out the door while hubby stays in bed. My first stop of the day was my grandma's house to take her the cards and a big picture I printed out of Lilly and my nephew. Had a conversation with Paw about our roots. He said that he wasn't the one that was adopted, it was his dad. Well....I don't really want to put it that way. His mom got pregnant and then the father ran off, so the guy who adopted him was his step dad, but his mom was there. So my last name should have been Paxton, if the father would've stuck around or if they would have let him have his father's last name. The ancestry stuff I found branched off from Paw's grandma, so I still don't have the other side of the family. Its just complicated. Paw went on to tell me a story about how we are distant relatives of King Henry the 8th, and even Daniel Boone is thrown in there....well...Paw said it was Daniel's son or nephew ( I don't remember which he said). And he kept talking about this one book that had most of the ancestry and such, I think from his grandma's side and how a cousin has the book, but won't let anyone look at it. Its a real book, published and all. So....I googled it. And I found it. When I left Paw was sitting in front of his computer reading away. I hope he finds what he's looking for and can tell me more stories. I'm hoping to discover whether or not I am a decedent of a King.



Then I went to pick mom up so we could hang out. Lilly gave mom her present and she sat in the car and looked through it with us....she loved it! I told her stories about what was going on in each picture. Then, we headed off to find mom some kind of tree. We went to the first plant store, but the tree was waaayyyy to expensive. Then we went to a 'junk store' as we call it to look around. Found some nice furniture for cheap that I would have gotten if I had a house to put them in. Then we went to Lowes to find her tree. They were out, but she got some grass seed for her new land. We ate then we went to K-Mart so find a tree but they were out too. I let Lilly get a toy here with the money she brought with her. It took her an hour to pick a toy and stick with it. We left there and went to another K-Mart, they had the tree mom wanted, but it was in pretty bad shape and it was the last one...so we didn't get it. I dropped her off to her car and we all went to her mom's house. While we were there I saw my great aunt that I haven't seen in a long time. After we left there, mom went home and me and Lilly went to my second step dad's house where 2 of my little brothers were. Step dad wasn't home from work yet. My oldest brother (Josh L.) stopped in and took Tony to see mom's mom. He hasn't seen her in about 3 years or so, so I'm sure she enjoyed that. Step dad came home and it was him, me, Lilly, Josh, Seth, Tony, and Donavan in his itty bitty apartment. I watched as the boys and Lilly played video games and step dad played on the computer. We had pizza and then me and Lilly left to go home. She fell asleep. I went to bed around midnight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a crappy Mother's Day! :(

    If it makes you feel any better, yesterday was my birthday and I spent it moving my sister back home for the summer from college. And visiting my grandma in the hospital. Good times.

    Maybe you and Lilly can go have a Mommy/Daughter Day sometime soon to make up for the less than spectacular Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days we will both have a great day...on the same day instead of horrible days.
    At least your friend remembered to call you for your birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete