Thursday, May 27, 2010

Run For The Wall


I really wish I would have brought my camera to work today. A motorcycle group composed of veterans and their friends and family are on their way to DC. Well...this is what my news paper says....

"This year's Run For The Wall began on May 19 in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., and culminates with Rolling Thunder's 'Ride For Freedom' in Washington, D.C. on Sunday. Bikers will lay a wreath on Saturday at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery."

I think this would have been an excellent photo opportunity. They are stopping at my state capitol today and I'm just like 10 blocks away right now. They should be getting here any minute. I will definitely have to remember this for next year. Really, really, really wish I would have brought my camera.

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH, I hate that!! Not having your camera for the perfect opportunity. Totally sucks. I usually end up taking a half-assed photo with my cell phone and am disappointed at myself all day for not having my camera. I used to keep my camera in my purse at all times, because it was a smaller point-and-shoot style camera. In January, I got a bigger camera (DSLR) and it does not easily fit in my purse ... well, technically it DOES but I like to bundle it like a baby in foam, bubble wrap, and a camera case. And THAT does not fit in my purse!

    P.S. I noticed you didn't comment on 1000AwesomeThings today ... I hope you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is good. I was off work Friday and Monday. I just posted on here twice on Thursday.

    I can only take pictures on my phone of something close up. If I try to take a pic of anything far away or of something big, like a group of bikers, you can't tell what it is.

    ReplyDelete