Monday, February 11, 2013

Hoping For a Change

For some reason I'm craving jalapeño peppers right now. I don't have any... maybe I should put that on my grocery list. I went to the store Saturday and stocked up on some healthy food. I got lots of fruits and veggies and tuna that should last me the rest of the week. Today for breakfast I had a banana and an 80 calorie cappuccino and for lunch I'm having a spinach salad with cucumbers, tomato and celery and then an apple and a kiwi for a snack. I'm going to try to get out and walk today, but I'm not counting on going 4 miles today. That nearly killed me.
Went to my grandma's yesterday with Zach just to visit and get out of the house. Tony came over and we talked. Zach played and ate lunch and when we started getting sleepy, we left. He fell asleep in the car before I reached the main road. Hubby finally finished fixing the pipes and now I can wash dishes. I got the dishwasher ran once last night. I'm going to run it again today and wash some in the sink. I did get the laundry finished last night....after I watched The Walking Dead. The weather was great this weekend and I took Zach out to play.
I don't get Lilly back until tomorrow because she doesn't have any school today and her father wanted another day, so I let him...trying to be the nice person.
I need to work on my books today. I need to get the first one finished. I'm going to try to get it finished this week. Its becoming a bit of a pain. Its easier for me to type it out than to write it or even do it on my phone so oddly enough, the only time I can do it is while I'm at work. I still stand firm on not getting a computer at the house. When the time comes that Lilly needs one for school, I will get her a laptop and put strict parental controls on it. We don't need one. We function fine without one. There is no reason to get one.
Diets going ok. I'm feeling tired though, but I don't know if that's due to the dieting. I think not having food is making me grouchy. I haven't lost anymore though. I feel like I'm killing myself over nothing. I know its a slow process, but I swear if things don't start looking better soon, I'm stuffing my face with chocolate cake.
I have a lot I want to write about, but I really don't feel like it. I want to go home and crawl back into bed and cuddle with my babies. I wish I could be a stay at home mom and spend as much time as possible with my kids. That's one reason I'm hoping my books take off and I can make a name for myself. Cross my fingers and pray that this works out for me. These books are my 'second act'... I've worked for people that could care less about their employees and worked with the public that would spit in my face if given the chance. I've applied to countless other jobs and nothing has came my way. I like to write. Its the only kind of 'job' that I like to do. I'm in no way a kind of reporter writer so I don't want to work for any news source, but if I had to, I would. I do need to learn to slow down and quit trying to get to my point as quickly as possible. I can't stay where I am for much longer. My immediate boss is retiring in a couple of years and after she is gone, I seriously don't think there will be a place for me. She keeps telling me that she expects me to take over her department, but she hasn't trained me and the bigger boss guys are probably planning on selling her department out. The bigger boss guys already walk all over me, I can't imagine how bad it would get after my immediate boss is gone. My goal is to be published by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment