Monday, February 4, 2013

Snowy Weekend

I feel horrible today. I think I'm getting a cold or something. It sucks.
The weekend went well. Hubby's dad's surgery went fine and he's home now. I finally got to take the kids to play in the snow. It was Zach's first time since we didn't really get any snow last year. He loves to ride the sled. I took them out at our house Saturday and let them play for about half an hour. It was about then that Zach was looking really cold. I had no problems getting them back in the house. Lilly likes pulling Zach around in the sled and sliding down the hill on her stomach. Sunday we took the kids to hubby's parent's house to play in the snow. They have a big hill behind their house. Zach loved it and I did have problems getting Lilly to go inside this time.
I got to do some crafts with the kids. I cut out big hearts and let them decorate them for Valentine's Day. Zach colored on his with crayons and then covered it with glue and stuck one small ribbon on it. Lilly put glitter and lots of ribbon on hers and then she made 3 smaller hearts that said "I love you" in glitter. It was a nice fun activity that they both enjoyed.
The new recipe that I tried was onion potatoes. I cut up 2 large potatoes and put some onion soup seasoning on them and baked it. I made that with some pork chops. Turned out great. Hubby loved the potatoes.
Weight loss is still going strong. I still haven't gained. I lost about 1/2 a pound last week. Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and I have a small spinach and cucumber salad and a piece of veggie pizza for lunch. Tomorrow will probably be the same. I have no idea what's going to be for dinner. I'm going to try to work out on the Wii today, but I'm aching all over and I don't feel well. My workout for the weekend was playing in the snow with the kids and pulling them around in the sled.
It looks like the weather is going to warm up and probably Thursday or Friday I can go for a walk during my lunch hour. I'm hoping to make it 3 miles this time. I've been averaging 2 miles.
I don't know if I mentioned yet or not, but hubby is back at work. Has been for a while. He was only off work for 3 days before he got to go back. So, all is good.
Lilly's birthday is a month and a half away!! She decided she wants the decorations to be flowers and purple, blue and green. I don't know if I'm having it at the house yet or not. It depends is softball season is in at that time, I guess. If she invites the team, I'll try to go somewhere else. There's a movie that's coming out 2 weeks before her birthday, so I'm going to take her to see it. It's Oz The Great and Powerful. We both love Wizard of Oz and this is one of the continuing stories. There's 15 altogether. I have the book of all of them. You can get it on Amazon. Its a 15 story book in one. I haven't read any further than the first book yet. I want to before we go see the movie.
Me time.. OH, me time. I'm going to get some me time on the 18th. I don't have to work, but Lilly has school and I'm sending Zach to day care. Part of me wants to use this time to clean, but part of me just wants to sleep and watch tv. My house really needs cleaned up, but I really want some rest. I need to work on the basement and the kids rooms. I don't know. We'll see what I feel like doing when the day arrives. I'm probably going to treat myself to some McDonalds since pay day is the Friday before. Or I'll do some Wii... Who knows?
My head feels like its going to explode and I can't think of anything else to write about. I hope I just have a cold and its not the beginning of something worse. My throat is sore, my head is pounding, my eyes burn, my nose is runny but I can't breathe, my entire body aches, I'm exhausted and I can't stop coughing and sneezing. All I want to do is to crawl back into bed with a box of tissues and some hot chocolate.
























No comments:

Post a Comment