Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tomorrow is Signing day

So we didn't meet with the guy yesterday to sign the contract. We will do it tomorrow. Hubby was out on a fire call when the guy called wanting to meet. Part of me is really excited about getting the house, but part of me is kind of dreading the whole thing. I feel that there is just going to be a lot of arguments while moving and fights about where to put things. I don't want anyone involved that shouldn't be involved. I actually would prefer to do it by myself and just have hubby and one of his buddys do the heavy lifting. My bff and I packed and moved all my stuff in one day once already... we can do it again. I don't think I'll be able to do it with hubby. I did tell hubby that I think a good way to avoid some arguments is to go to the house before we start moving things in and decide then together where things are going to go. I don't want any one else involved telling me where to put things. If they aren't going to live there, they have no say in the matter. I don't want any help moving. I am a pro now, I can handle it myself and really enjoy doing it anyway. I just feel that there's going to be a big blow up.
I bought Lilly some clothes yesterday. I've decided that with every pay check I'm going to get her an outfit so she'll have all new clothes when school starts back up and I won't have to scramble around trying to get money together to do it. I actually only took a $20 bill to the mall with me and was only going to get lunch. I was going to get a salad at Chik-fil-a, but there's a children's clothing store right there at the bottom of the escalator that goes up to the food court. The store was having a great sale. I bought Lilly 2 shirts for school and Zach a Fourth of July shirt and had $5 left over for lunch. Since the salad was over $6, I ended up going to Taco Bell. So now she has 3 shirts and one pair of shorts for back to school so far. I'm keeping them in my closet here at work and am only going to give them to her right before school.
My anniversary is 2 days away and I have no idea what to get hubby. I was hooked on the idea of going zip lining. That was something different we could do as a couple and not have to worry about anything else. I don't want anything. I don't have room for anything and it'll just be another thing I'll have to pack. I'd rather just have a nice day. No gifts. Maybe a nice dinner. Hell.. I'd be happy with tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I am surprising hubby with getting my hair done. I've had the same hair style since I was 3 except for 6 months back in 2007 when I had red streaks and side bangs. I want my hair cut about mid-back...maybe a little shorter with layers and caramel highlights. My hair right now goes down to my waist. I got it cut 2 years ago and donated 16 inches to Locks of Love. I want to donate again this time too.
On Thursday it'll be 4 years that we've been married. I'm so happy that we're still happy. Yeah, we have our moments and sometimes I want to punch him in his face, but I love him. I was honestly afraid to get married. I've seen so many marriages fail and end so badly, I didn't want to end up like that. I even told him about my fears just a few months before our wedding and he told me this.. these are his exact words, I'll never forget them, "If you keep setting yourself up for failure, you're going to fail. You have to change the way you look at your life and let yourself be happy." He made me cry. Every time I think I'm not good enough, I think of these words. I don't think I've ever told him that what he told me that night has stuck with me. I wonder if he even remembers saying that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment