Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday

Weight loss is off to a good start. I've lost 2 pounds since the beginning of the year! Its a small step on the long road I'm on, but I'm willing to test myself. Tonight, when I get the kids in bed, I'm getting on the Wii and working out with that. Same thing tomorrow. Every night that hubby has a meeting at the fire station, I'm jumping on the Wii. It looks like the weather is going to be warm enough to take my first 2 mile walk at lunch tomorrow. I'm actually kind of excited about it. Eating less is my biggest challenge. I did bring some of last night's dinner for lunch today, saving money!! I haven't gotten to really do any crafty things with the kids yet. I'll try to work on that. Lilly did make me a friendship bracelet last night, I helped her out a little bit.
I haven't been sleeping very well at all lately. Even on the nights Zach sleeps, I can't. I get these bad leg cramps in my calves and that wakes me up. I have dull pain my hips and knees that keep me up. Last night, though..... I did take some pain meds I had left over from having Zach. I slept so great and woke up without any pain. I only took one, and it says to take 2 for pain. I think I need to go to the doctor over this pain. I'm only 26. Zach slept through the night. I accidentally forgot to turn off his radio and that may have helped him a bit. That and his nightlight.
I took Tony out driving Saturday. At first we were both a little nervous, he swerved and I called him a little drunk man. I made him drive to the gas station from his house, about 5 miles I think. It was the first time he drove my car. Then we drove to the elementary school by his house and practiced parallel parking and then I made him practice backing up. I told him to drive to the end of the school and we got there and there was no where to turn around. I said, "Now, back up so we can go park." He freaked out a bit, but did it with no problems. I think he's ready to take his test, but I really don't think he's ready to drive in traffic. I'm going back and forth about letting him drive to the DMV to take his test. There will be a lot of traffic and merging. I think I'll let him. Hubby's coming with us because he has to get our addressed changed at the DMV.
I also took Tony and Bre to Walmart to show them how to shop for food. They had $60 to spend. We got everything on their list, plus some, plus new pans to cook with. I'm so good. All they really wanted was eggs, cereal, sandwich stuff and pizza. We got 24 case of soda, big huge bag of cereal, 2 ham and cheese packages, ketchup, 5 pounds of ground burger, buns, 4 small pizzas, 2 boxes of pancake mix, dozen eggs, 2 double pack boxes of hamburger helper, loaf of bread and 3 pans. They'll be ok for a while. I'm still looking for Tony a job and Bre applied at the day care that's close to their house. She can walk if necessary. Neither one of them drive yet and they don't have a car. I'm working on that. I'm trying to find Tony a job before his savings runs out so he can use his savings to get a car, then we're going to work on getting Bre to drive.
I'm doing good planning Zach's party. A girl I know has a lot of Mickey Mouse decorations left over from her son's birthday and she's giving it all to me. I'm printing off invitations today for Zach's friends at day care. I've already invited some people through Facebook. If everyone that I invite show up, there's going to be 17 kids under the age of 10 there. I don't really have much of anything planned. Decorating cookies and I'll have a bubble machine going. I'm going to search today to see if I can come up with any good toddler games. I think if I just blow up a bunch of balloons, they'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment