Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I can't think of a title today

Still doing ok in my efforts at losing some weight. I'm down 3 pounds so far. I over did it yesterday and had a huge burrito for lunch and then ate 2 plates of spaghetti with meatballs for dinner. I did do half an hour on the Wii though. Its raining today, so I can't get out and walk, but I'm going to probably walk in the parking garage. Over the weekend I think I did pretty good. I think 3 pounds in 3 weeks is a great start. If only I can keep at it. I brought some left over spaghetti for lunch, just a little bit, and some veggies and fruit. I'm trying, but its getting hard. I miss my junk food. For dinner tonight, I put a deer roast in the slow cooker this morning with carrots, celery, potatoes, cream of mushroom soup and powdered onion soup mix. I'm hoping it comes out ok. I've never made it and its been such a long time since I've made a roast.
Yesterday, boss guy sent out an email wanting to know our goals that we have set for ourselves this year and to know if we accomplished the goals we made last year. A bunch of crap really. I send him an email back almost immediately. I'll even let you read it....
 
"I was given new assignments last year from different people that I didn't think I would be doing, so none of it was on my goal list for last year. I learned how to successfully fill out an expense report, book a flight (which I had never done before), order a catered lunch (again, never did this before) and do different kinds of reports even though I did have some difficulty. I've learned how to open the vault with ease now and how to go about giving an organization a donation, on my side anyway. I've learned about the cost centers and GL accounts and have taken on making sure the FedEx bill has been taken care of.
I don't remember all my goals that I had set for last year. I do know that I did not get around to learning account reviews, mostly due to my new tasks helping other people. Learning how to do account reviews are on my goals for this year.
My input mistakes have gone down for the year 2012 compared to 2011, I think. I don't have exact numbers, but I feel that I did much better.
I have learned more about DTCC and do the daily report for them. I've learned how to check and confirm balances on their system.
I've learned the process in which it takes to get a computer or printer in this office.
I've learned how to reimburse a non-employee for their travels. 
I have been keeping a better eye on my time and making sure I don't get over-time.
 
My goals for this year would include:
-Learning how to do account reviews
-Keeping my input mistakes to a minimum
-Remembering to send out the Fortigent report every week
-Get my Housing files neat and more organized
-Stop procrastinating"
 
My co-worker told me I shouldn't have sent it because it has a rude undertone to it. I don't care. My immediate boss said that its the truth and there's no reason to sugar-coat it. I think I was as nice as I could have been. There's nothing in there that says that I didn't accomplish anything or that I was too busy. I tried to put a positive spin on it even though I really wanted to just tell him what I think.
Zach's feeling better. He actually ate yesterday. He ate most of his food at day care and then ate some dinner at home. I was getting worried. A boy that doesn't want to eat... there's something wrong there.
Lilly was all excited that she got 100% on her spelling test and was happy to show it to me. She's been doing really great this year and I hope that the excitement of learning stays with her like it did with me.
5 days until Zach's party!! I'm going crazy, I really am. I can't stop trying to plan things. And.. to top it off, I just figured out that I didn't even put a time on the invitations I gave to the kids at day care. So I guess if no one calls asking what time, they aren't coming. One kid is coming, Zach's best friend Noah, but his mom said that they'd be a little late since she has to work. That's fine. I'll try to wait to do stuff until Noah gets there. Here's things I still have to get-table cloths, cake, drinks, hot dogs, buns, condiments, balloons, helium tank, goodie bags, candy, sugar cookie mix, icing, sprinkles, crayons, bubbles and possibly a pinata. I guess I'm going shopping Friday. I'm going to try to get to leave a little early and hit up the dollar stores. I'm going to try to avoid Walmart if I can. I'm freaking out. I don't get paid until Friday, so I can't really go shopping until Friday. I did print off some Mickey Mouse coloring pages for the kids to color and I also printed off a Mickey stencil to make Mickey shapes and decorate with. I have a bunch of red paper and I need to get some black. As a person who never really had a birthday party, I think I'm a pretty good birthday party thrower.
Its 2 hours until lunch time and I'm starving already... I did skip breakfast and didn't even have any coffee today. I guess I'm going to go get my apple out and then get back to work. I have a lot I want to do today. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment