Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wanna donate to American Cancer Society?

Our Relay event is fast approaching. We are holding our ceremony on June 10. I have only raised $180 so far, but that doesn't have my recent fundraiser included. So, this is me asking for donations. If you would like to make a donation to the American Cancer Society, please go here to help out. This is my personal page, the money goes straight to the American Cancer Society. If you would like, you can even donate "in memory of" a loved one or "in honor of" a loved one. We do a beautiful luminary service. If you donate in the luminary section, a bag will be made. The luminary bags is only a $10 donation. I'm making 5 this year for my friend that died last year of lung cancer. I'm putting Zach's handprints on one, letting Lilly decorate one, putting "in memory of Mary Bowen" on one and I don't know about the other 2 just yet. Feel free to go to the site. Click here to go to my personal page to make a donation. It doesn't have to be for a luminary, it could just be a donation. Your donation will go towards my goal, but will go directly to ACS. Take a look around the site. This specific link is to my county's Relay, but you can search further. Maybe you'll find an event near you.
If you donate to make a luminary, you can tell me how you would like it decorated in the comment section of this post, I'll take a picture and post it on my blog. If you just make it "in memory of" or "in honor of" someone, but don't tell me here in the comments how you'd like it decorated, I will just write "in memory" or "in honor" of the someone you listed during your donation process. I'll post the pictures of the bags I'm making now either tomorrow or the next day.
To further explain the luminary bags~ We put candles in the bags and light them while we say a prayer during our Relay event. Read how the ACS decribes it here, of course they call it luminaria. I guess I'm just different.
Thank you all!
I'll take pictures of all the bags lit up during the ceremony and post it on here after Relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment