Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Somber day

Hubby's grandpa passed away yesterday around 2:00 in the afternoon. He was 88 years old. I didn't know him very well, but in the few times that I was around him, he was always so very friendly. He always had a story to tell and would sit there and listen to anything you had to say. From what I've heard from other people he was a very good, hard working, honest man. He was so delighted to hear that hubby now works where he use to. He use to sit and tell hubby about how things use to be there. His wife passed away 2 years ago, we had the funeral on their anniversary. Her birthday would have been this Friday.
Hubby left work early yesterday to go to the hospital, but he didn't make it in time. I know that bothers him, but I hope he doesn't beat himself up too much for it. I left work a bit early too, but it was after everyone was out of the hospital and going home. I picked the kids up and headed to my in-laws house. 2 people ended up bringing 4 boxes of pizza. The kids played, the adults talked. Hubby's mom mostly took the time to make phone calls and talk to other family and friends. It was her father that had passed.
I don't know when the funeral will be, I would imagine no one has even given the arrangements any thought right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment