Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year

After dragging my ass all day yesterday and feeling so drained, I gained all this energy when I didn't need it. I started cleaning the house up and putting our Christmas stuff away and packing my "to go bag" at 8:00 at night. I didn't stop until 11:00 when hubby made me go to bed. I did get a lot done, but I laid there thinking of what else needed to get done and I couldn't sleep. By the time I got my mind to settle down, my back hurt so much and I couldn't lay down. I almost got back to cleaning, but hubby told me not to. He gave me a massage instead. Now, at 7:30 in the morning... I feel tired. I get Lilly back today though. (You know what's awesome?? As soon as I typed that sentence, her father sent me a text telling me he just dropped her off at my grandma's house!!) Having Lilly around will give me a bit more energy. I'm thinking about leaving work a bit early to go get her.
Cleaned my desk out yesterday in preparation for my maternity leave. I couldn't believe how much crap and how much personal stuff I had in my desk. I threw so much away and I have like 3 plastic bags full of stuff to take home. I parted with a lot of stuff that I was very attached to. I kept telling myself that was the past and it doesn't matter any more. Now is what matters. There was a few things I just couldn't part with though. Like my books of poetry I've been writing since I was 13.... I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but those books are a big part of who I was and who I grew up to be. Yes, like I said... the past is the past, but this is just something I can't throw out. It took all I had to throw out some old letters from a pen pal back in high school. I think those letters show a great deal of who this guy was and who he grew up to be, but he isn't in my life and after some thinking, I didn't see the point in keeping them.
This will be my last post of the year. I'm taking the rest of the week off to spend with Lilly and get some cleaning done in preparation for the baby. My baby shower is January 2, so there's more stuff I gotta find room for. Still no word on the loan. Its been just a little over a week since we turned in all the papers. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I can't see how I can squeeze a newborn in our tiny space. I know I'm gonna have to, even if its just for a couple weeks cuz even if the loan lady calls today and says everything is a go, there's no way we will get everything processed, closed, and move in just 3 weeks.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment