Thursday, September 15, 2011

yep

I want to travel. I want to go places. The furthest away from home I've been is to Canada. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved it there (and really want to go back), but I want to see other places too. I want to visit France, Scotland, Australia, Italy, Egypt, Greece, hell.. I'd even like to go places here in the US. After we are retired, I want to be able to take hubby to Italy since most of his family is Italian.
Oh, funny story... when I was 7 and in the second grade, I overheard my mom and my first step-dad talking about just this same thing. I heard my mom say that she would like to go to Australia. My little mind thought she meant we were moving there now. The next day I told my teacher that I was moving away to Australia. They threw me a goodbye party and everything. After a few weeks, I finally got around to asking my mom when we were moving. She had a good laugh out of it, but then I had to go back to school and tell my everyone I wasn't leaving. They were all happy I was staying, but looking back at that now, it was really funny.
 

So, we got to look at one house yesterday and I fell in love with it. The bedrooms are a generous size, the kitchen is small, but open and all the lighting in the house is new and energy efficient. It has nice land and a finished basement. Hubby said he doesn't want to make an offer until we look at this other house, but its on the wrong side of town and from what he's told me, its trash. The only reason he wants to really look at it is because of the land. The guy that's selling the house has been busted for cooking meth, but not in that house, but that doesn't mean that he didn't in the house. I don't want to live in a house where there is suspicion of someone cooking meth in it. I don't want to put my kids around that. He even told me that someone told him that the house is way over priced. Its one of the cheapest houses listed so if its overpriced... that means it needs a lot of work. I will try to schedule it just to please him, but I don't want the house. I don't like the location and I don't like the things I've heard about it. Hopefully after we look at it, he will make an offer on the house I love. The house I love is in short sell.... the realtor said it would take 60-90 days to get everything final so we can move in and he thinks that's too long. I've been waiting this long for a house, I can wait 90 more days as long as I know that in the end of those 90 days, the house is ours. I don't want to keep looking at other houses for months and months and not find anything when there's a perfectly good house right there.
 Here's some pics of Zach sitting on a fire truck yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! come to Australia!
    :) I know you'll love it :)
    we're friendly, honest & if you come in spring/summer - its just awesome weather - ok in summer it can get really hot, but our beaches are amazing & the perfect place to be on a hot summers day! :) lol

    oh and good luck with the house! - I'm hoping and praying that you do finally get that house you want! :)
    wishing you all the very best bekah,
    simone. xx

    ReplyDelete