Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy weekend

'Twas a busy weekend. Went out Saturday and got Lilly a twin sized bed. Its been killing me that she was still sleeping in a toddler bed, but we didn't have room. Well...I was determined to make room. We went out and got the mattress and box springs, the bed frame and such came from hubby's sister (it was hers, then her daughters) and his mom went shopping with me and bought the blankets and sheets. We picked out purple butterflies. Lilly's two favorite things. So my Saturday was spent shopping, cleaning, cleaning and then shopping some more. Started the say at 8 and it ended after midnight. Sunday I finally got around to doing the laundry. We went to his sister's for a cookout, but an hour into it I had to leave to get Lilly. I picked her up and we went back to the cookout and stayed for a long time. When we finally got home, she had no idea she had a new bed. We kept trying to get her in the bedroom without telling her why and she started getting whiney. She finally went to the doorway and without even turning the light on her face lit up. "You got me a new bed!!" The light came on and she flew across the floor and jumped right up there. We were worried about her falling out of bed, but she hasn't yet.
Monday we went to my storage building. I had forgotten just how stuffed it was. Hubby got up there and climbed around and threw boxes and bags out for me and Lilly to go through. We got a big bag full of baby clothes out and some toys. We did find the bathtub, but that's it. We didn't get to go through the entire building. Hubby said it was impossible unless we wanted to take everything out. Hopefully soon I can go through it. Its almost house time!! Just a couple more months and we can try again!!
One of the girls here at work had her baby on Friday. She didn't want to know what it was and I think I was the only one telling her it was going to be boy..... and it was. Still don't know what she named him or his weight or anything like that. Her due date was yesterday.....Labor day..... how weird would that have been? Go into labor on Labor day? All the girls that was pregnant here at work has had boys. There is only one that's having a girl, but technically she doesn't count. She isn't from this office. She works for the same bank in the same department, but in a different branch. She's due in December. And then its me in January. ... and I think that's it. At least for now.
In January it all started, one had a boy. April one girl had twin boys. May another had a boy. June, another boy. September, boy. The one that had hers in June, I told her she is the one that jinxed me. She kept telling me I was next in line and that I was going to have a boy just like the rest of them...... see what she did to me? LOL.....
Hubby's liking his job. So far he's still in training mode and isn't really doing much. That and they are kinda slow. They are suppose to get really busy next month. I like his hours. 7-3:30. He gets home right before me. Those are the same hours he worked at his last job. He doesn't get the same holidays off or the same vacation days. He gets no vacation until he's been there a year and then he only gets one week. He gets two weeks vacation when he's been there 6 years! He only gets some of the major holidays off. He does have to work Christmas Eve. That's the only one that bothers me. On the even years that's when we have Lilly to do Christmas. We'll figure something out. Maybe celebrate before he goes to work.
Busy weekend leads to another busy weekend. We have a family reunion to go to on Saturday. Its about 2 hours away. Gotta doctor's appointment on Friday. I don't think anything is planned for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment