Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ta Da

Friday me and hubby went to the "farm" to spend the night for the concealed weapons class on Saturday. Class went well. I took a picture of my target.....

Didn't do as well as I thought I would. I haven't shot a gun in 5 years though. I use to be a great shot, right on the bulls eye every time, I guess I was a little rusty. Shot a .22 semi-automatic, a .38 revolver and something else I can't remember. Those two big holes at the bottom are from the .38. I had some problems with that gun, the grip was just too big for my hand and I couldn't hold it right. There was only one other guy there that did better than me, but he kinda cheated...he got to use his own gun. Did better than hubby. He didn't seem to mind which was great. I've been telling him for years that I can shoot a gun, I finally got to prove it to him. Yeah, I've been hunting with him a couple times, but we've never seen anything while we were out together.

Went home late Saturday, slept in Sunday. Got a text from Lilly's father that she was sick and I asked if he wanted me to come pick her up. He said, not yet. About noon I check up on her again and he asked if I wanted her back at 3 but we'd meet halfway. Ok. He said she started throwing up at 7:30 and I asked if she ate anything bad... he says no. He says she doesn't have a fever, but when he was dropping her off to me he said he got her fever down. I said, "I though you said that she didn't have a fever, that she was just throwing up. That's why I thought it was bad food." (in reality he didn't know if she ate bad food or not, his grandmother took her to a carnival the night before and she ate some food there) Then he says, "She never broke 100, so she didn't really have a fever." Bull!!! Her normal temp is 95.0 just like me. If our temp is the "normal" then we have a fever. So anyways.... I get her home, her fever is going up. I give her Tylenol.... and she throws it right back up. But after that one time throwing up at home, she was done. She had a fever almost all night, but when she woke up Monday morning it was gone. Me and her stayed home yesterday. I made sure she was ok and that she could eat before I sent her to school today. When I dropped her off at the Y this morning she started whining...."Mommy.. my tummy hurts." I said, "You'll be fine." and I left. I know it might be hurting a little, but I also know that she was looking for any excuse to get to stay home with me again. We had fun though. I kept her busy but didn't get her all excited in case she was going to get sick again. We played board games, watched movie after movie, played treasure hunt, and stayed in our pajamas all day.

So now, my week is messed up again. I'm having my Monday on a Tuesday. I did do some number scrunching today and I figured that I can have a little over $1,000 saved up by Black Friday to do some Christmas shopping. I won't need that much, but it would be nice to know that if I went over my limit by a little, I would be covered. Also figured that I can have $1,500 saved up by the end of the year to go toward the down payment for a house. So I gotta save $1,000 between now and then for that account. Between that and what we already have saved, we should have just enough for the minimum down payment by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment