Monday, June 27, 2011

Sleep?? What's that?

Just finished reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. It is the sequel to The Notebook. Of course if you've seen The Notebook movie and not read the book and then go to read The Wedding, you will be a bit confused. Noah died at the end of the movie, but he didn't in the book and is alive and kicking in the sequel. Such a great book. I was a little disappointed at how sudden the book came to an end, though. I've learned that most of Sparks book do this. The books have great detail and wonderful stories of love, but as soon as it reaches the exciting point in the book, its over.
I am now working on a book my second ex step dad got me for my bday. Its the 15 stories of OZ. It starts out with the Wonder Wizard Of Oz... like the movie. I've already read this story, I have the book, but I don't have the others. I'm very excited to read it. Even though I've already read the first one, I'm rereading it. It is completely different than the movie. I'm a big OZ fan.
Its difficult to find time to read these days, but I'm going to make it a priority now. Its going to me my daily **me time** that I desperately need. Even if its just 20 minutes of reading, its gonna help.
I took Friday off in hopes to get some rest. I didn't set my alarm, I just let Zach wake me up, knowing he'd get up before 7:00. We got up, I fed him his cereal and then we got ready and I took him to day care. I came home, ate some breakfast and hopped back into bed. Then, my phone rang and rang and rang. Everyone was calling and texting me. Hubby knew I was trying to get some sleep, but he texted me anyway. My mom called, Lilly called, my grandma called, my grandpa texted me, hubby's mom texted. I finally gave up after 2 hours and went to take a shower. My bff called while I was in the shower, but I didn't know..so I missed her call. (I didn't want to turn my phone off in case someone REALLY needed me) I went to Walmart for some light shopping then went to pick Zach up. I was exhausted, but there was no point in trying to get any rest. Its like everyone knows that I'm in need of sleep and they don't want me to. I'm dragging today. I haven't slept much. I'm downing my coffee today.
Hubby went paint-balling with his nephew and a few friends. He came home with only a few marks on his leg.
Lilly is a bit sick today. Her father called me last night to tell me she's running a fever and I told him to take her to my grandma's this morning instead of day care. I'll probably leave early to get her.
Zach is scooting now. He's getting very mobile. He even gets up on his elbows and knees, but falls on his face after. We've got a 'game' where I put him at the foot of my bed and I lay at the top and he'll scoot his way up to me....and is almost always ready for nap when he makes it.
Here's a pic of Zach lookin at his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment