Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feelin' the love

My **kids** are my world. My kids are my everything. My kids are my life. Without them, its hard to tell where I would be in life right now. If I hadn't gotten pregnant with Lilly when I did, I wouldn't have had to get that job at the gas station and I probably wouldn't have met hubby, since he was a frequent customer there. If it wasn't for my kids, my life wouldn't have as much smiles or laughter. If I hadn't gotten pregnant with Zach when I did, I probably would have jumped at any opportunity to get another job, and lost it by now. If it wasn't for my kids, I wouldn't be complete.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't hug and kiss both of them (unless Lilly's with her father, its kind of hard to do then). There isn't a moment in any given day that I don't think of them. I frequently scroll through past photos I've taken and I'm always taking new ones. I talk about them constantly and they are even in my dreams. I knew throughout my younger years that I wanted to be a mother and that I was going to be great at it, but I didn't realize that I would have such wonderful kids and love them this much.
I love their songs, their stories, their smiles, their laughs, their hugs, their kisses, even when they are whiney. Between my kids and my husband, I am one of the luckiest women in the world. Yes, there are times of frustration, but that's just life. I love and adore my family more than words could ever express.
 
 
I am also grateful and forever in debt to my best friend. Yes, my husband is also my best friend, but I'm talking about my bestest best girl-friend. The one who knows me better than I know myself. The one who I can talk with for hours about absolutely nothing. Lara on http://www.1000awesomethings.com/ has been enlightening me on all kinds of national days, so I decided to look up National Best Friend Day.... and it turns out I have missed it. June 8 was the day. So, I wanna talk about my bff now. We met in first grade, but didn't really become friends until 7th grade when we both had a crush on the same guy. This girl knows me inside and out. She knows my secrets, my fears, my dreams.... she knows the REAL me and still loves me. We've been through so much together and we still stand strong. So, since I didn't give an awesome thing some day this week here's my second one for this post **best friends** Without them we'd be complaining to no one about our jobs or significant others. Without them we'd be shopping alone. Who else can we call up at 3 am just to talk? Who else would drive miles to see you? (ok...your mom doesn't count here) Now, we've had our fights and didn't talk for a while. We've been angry with each other and we still get on each others nerve every now and then. I can tell when I'm bugging her cuz she'll call me grouchy or something along those lines. Unfortunately my bff is hours away and we hardly get to see each other. I haven't seen her since February, but we talk almost everyday. Three cheers for best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment