Monday, July 25, 2011

Good Morning!

Oh, what a busy weekend it was.
I got to hang out with Chris and Tony Saturday. I took Tony to take his test for his learners. He passed, but he didn't have 2 proofs of residency, only one. So, he'll have to go back within 30 days to take his proof without having to take the test again. After that we went to the mall and they bought belts and an XBox game and we had some Taco Bell. It was nice. Everything felt normal to me. Everyone was having fun, joking around, and just hanging out. I'm glad I got to spend those few hours with them.
Hubby had Zach for the morning while I was out, and he ended up at his mom's house. I got there in the afternoon. It started storming there, after I had just drove through it all after dropping my brothers off. Then, there was a fire call. 6 car pile up with mass casualties is what came over the radio. Hubby took off. Turns out only one person was hurt and everyone else was fine.
Sunday...oh, Sunday. Ok. Saturday night around 11, there was a structure fire call. The siren went off at the fire station and it wasn't too far away. It was right beside the station, I should have been able to see it from the front porch, but I couldn't see anything. It came over the radio that flames were visible. I watched the fire truck drive over there and then I heard someone on the radio say that it was just a grill shooting flames. Then... around 2 in the morning, there was another structure fire call and the siren went off. Hubby got up and left.... and he didn't get to come home for almost 12 hours. I went out and met him at a fire hydrant where they were filling up the truck to take him a dry pair of sock and some shoes. I felt so bad for all those guys out in the heat. I think hubby said the fire was at an empty house.
Today, Lilly is getting another baby brother. Her father's girlfriend is scheduled to go in this morning and get induced. They are naming him Gage. Lilly is staying with her father all week so she can get some time with the baby. She will still go to the Y, except for today. She's going bowling tomorrow.
I tried feeding Zach a very mushed up egg, but he wasn't having any of it. He's not ready yet. I did give him a bit of mashed potatoes and he made some funny faces. He's doing better on sitting up. He's getting his wobbly body under control. He can even go from the crawling position to the sitting position now. We still don't have any teeth yet.
There was a lot of storms this weekend also. Friday, it was bad. Horrible rain and strong winds, lots of lightning and thunder most of the night. Saturday, it was mostly hard rain, all day. Sunday, we just had a quick burst of rain and a bit of wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment