Monday, July 18, 2011

Lots of fun....and a dent

Took the kids to the playground on Saturday. Me and Lilly played a bit of softball and then some of her friends showed up, so she went to play with them while I kept Zach occupied. We were there about 2 hours and her friends left. Then, she got bored, so we left. Rented Tangled and bought pizza from the grocery store. Zach napped at home while me and Lilly had dinner and watched the movie. Then, me and her played the Wii while Zach watched.
Sunday, I was on my way to my grandma's to meet my bff to take the kids to the museum. I stopped at a grocery store that my second ex step dad works. We visited with him for a bit while he was on break and I bought me and Lilly a drink. Then......... I go to leave the store, I'm backing out, and BAM!!!! Me and some guy run into each other. My bumper was caved in, my tail light is broken and all the plastic is gone, and my bumper was knocked around and now it won't even up. (I didn't word that right) His car was just dented cuz I hit him under his tail light, his bumper sit higher than mine did. I kept trying to remember to get a picture of it, but I was so shook up after it happened that I didn't and I kept forgetting after that. I would only remember while I was driving. Thankfully, the guy was super nice. I was in a bad part of town and at first I was afraid to even get out of the car. I called the store I was at and told them to tell my step dad to come outside. Lilly was shook up real bad, Zach didn't even seem to notice. It took her about an hour to calm down. Cops weren't called. They wouldn't have come anyway. It was a private lot and they only come if someone is causing a disturbance... or they rob the place.
This wreck was the least serious of all my wrecks, even though its been about 6 years since I had one. I tried to call hubby at the camp he was at for the bachelor party, but no one answered. I went ahead and went to grandma's. Lilly wouldn't talk to anyone. She just kept running off and hiding. Finally I got her back to normal. I tried calling the camp again, and still no one answered. I finally called hubby's cell and told him to call me when he gets my message.
So, off we go to the museum. It was great! It was way better than it was about 10 years ago when I went last. Then everything was just sort of sitting out and you had a path to walk and stuff like that. Now... every room has is decorated to go with the time period and its in 'themes.' There are even tracks on the floor the whole way. It started out as just feet prints, went to horse prints, then horse and buggy, eventually train tracks, then car tracks, then a road. It was pretty cool. There were houses you could go into, and if it wasn't inside a glass case, you could touch it. We were opening drawers on old desks, opening trunks, playing with a really old phone operating system, and touching a cannon. I got a picture of Zach with the cannon, it was really dark in the room and the noise of the cannon firing kept scaring Lilly. You can't really see much in the picture.

I got a picture of Lilly in the 50's diner room.
Oh, and at the beginning, the guy at the front desk gave Lilly a scavenger hunt to do. There were about 24 pictures of things to look for and find to mark off. She found about half. She was so excited about the hunt, she didn't stay in a room long enough to really have a good look at everything. I told her we'll go back soon and take hubby with us and take our time.
Toward the end they just had a bunch of art up-paintings, sculptures, stuff like that. I took a picture of a giant paci. I have no idea what its made out of.
The museum is mostly about the history of West Virginia and it took us 2 hours to go through it... even in the rush Lilly was in. Lilly had a great time until it was over and she realized she didn't find all the things. Then, she got in one of her moods.
Hubby called me after I had dropped off my bff and was hanging out at grandma's. He told me that I should have told him what happened in the message. He was thinking it was something more serious. I told him that I figured he would be freaking out more if I told him I was in a fender bender with the kids in the car. When I got home, he popped my bumper back out. It doesn't look that bad now.
So, I had a fun filled and tiring weekend. **Spent some excellent quality time with the kids** and was exhausted. I'm super glad I had my bff with me to go through the museum. Zach got tired of sitting in the stroller and wanted to be carried and I couldn't carry him and maneuver the stroller through the tight areas.
Tons of fun...I can't wait to go back. I can mark off "take kids to a museum" off my list of things I wanted to do before I was 30!!

No comments:

Post a Comment