Thursday, July 7, 2011

Talkin' food

Today is National Strawberry Sundae Day.... who comes up with these things? Can I make up a national day?? Is there a national day of sleep? That would be great!
So I thought I was being productive last night. I put all the things for dinner today in a slow cooker last night. I put my cut up beef, cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, and milk in the pot and put it in the fridge overnight so I could just hook it up and turn it on this morning and it would cook the entire day while I was at work. Then, I could come home to a wonderful smelling house and dinner would be ready. I thought it'd be a great idea since hubby has a meeting tonight and I wouldn't have time to thaw and cook any food. Well..... I forgot to take it out of the fridge this morning. It doesn't work very well if you forget to hook it up and turn it on. At least I didn't just hook it up without turning it on, cuz then the food would be bad from sitting out all day. At least its still in the fridge. I have dinner planned for tomorrow now.... if I don't forget about it again. I don't know what we are going to have tonight, though. I'll figure something out. I made some shrimp and crab low mein. Hubby liked it, but I thought it tasted very... fish-like. I think I put too much crab in.
Speaking of food... my 'diet' that I had planned on doing isn't going very well. Its very difficult during the summer. Everyone is having cookouts with hot dogs and hamburgers or BBQ's.
Since food seems to be the topic of this, I will continue on about food.
Zach is eating his baby food like crazy. I haven't found anything that he doesn't like or anything that he is allergic to. Someone told me the other day to try to see if he'll eat eggs. Cook 'em and squish 'em up real good. I don't know about that just yet. Maybe in a couple more months or so, I'll give it a go. I'm sure he'll do fine with it, though. His favorite food so far is bananas. I just started him out on meat this weekend and he's loving it.
I've come up with a way to get rid of my excess soft taco shells after we make tacos at home. I always buy too many shells. I take either pizza sauce or just regular tomato sauce and spread it on a shell and add cheese. Heat it to melt the cheese. Add pepperoni sometimes, if we have any.... and Lilly gets a pizza taco for dinner!! She loves them. She has this at least once a week now. Its easy enough for her to make and the extra shells get eaten. Its a win-win. And, **coming up with your own food and inventing new things** is my awesome thing for today! I do this all the time.
Just got a call from day care telling me Lilly isn't feeling well. So.... I might have to leave to go get her... and if I do, I can turn on the slow cooker!! She'll be fine..I think she's just getting too much sun these days. She gets sunburnt at least once a week now. She's outside all time and day care takes her everywhere. They've been spending a lot of time at pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment