Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Family and work

I just realized that I haven't been putting my awesome things of the day on here. I wonder how I strayed away from that. So my awesome thing from yesterday is ** Dancing kids** I love it. They don't care what they look like. They move and groove and shake their little bodies. Arms start waving, legs start bouncing and soon enough they are laughing. Zach and Lilly both love to dance. I like to spontaneously burst out in dance from time to time. For Lilly's birthday, we got her Just Dance 3 for the Wii, she already had the first one. I've posted pictures of the kids dancing to that before. Its so cute. Last night I hooked it up and we just danced away. I gave Zach a Wii remote too and he went all out. He was jumping around and shaking his arms. He had me and Lilly laughing so hard, we couldn't dance. Very entertaining.
Lilly has ball practice today. I don't think its going to rain, so hopefully they'll actually get to do something. I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I'm not a big fan of the coach. I'm wondering if she even knows how to play the game.
I decided yesterday that I have got to find more time for my family... my mom, all my brothers, my step dad, my grandparents.... I miss them. I've drifted so far apart from them that it hurts. I'm not even sure how it happened. I moved away. As time goes on I visit less often, but for what reason? There should be no excuses. I'm going to visit my mom, her parents, my step dad and probably 2 (maybe 3) of my brothers on Sunday. The Saturday after that I'm going to visit my dad's parents one brother and probably try to go see my step mom and my other brother. I don't think my dad will be home. I never know when he's home. Its hard for me to believe that I've let this happen. Now don't get me wrong... I'm there if they need me. Whenever there's any kind of problem or even if someone just calls me up saying they want me to come down, I'm there. It just seems that with the distance and my own kids with their own things going on, its difficult to find enough time to make that drive.
I applied yesterday to work at one of the hospitals around here. I'm aiming for Medical Billing Clerk. I've got to make it down to take my typing test. I just can't take it here anymore. Its getting unbearable. They keep piling things on my 'to do' list and I just don't have the time. No one listens when I say I can't get it done. I try, but then whenever I do it wrong, I get put down and made to do it all over again, several times. I can't just up and quit. I need the income and I'm the provider of health insurance. I need something else, quick. Before I lose my mind. I've been looking every day for something else. The only problem is, I can't work weekends or late shifts and I would still like to have the major holidays off...for the kids. And the flexibility that comes with having kids too. If one of them is sick, I'd like to be able to leave to get them without any problem or be able to leave a few minutes early when there's ball practice or something. I'm afraid that I won't find another job like that. That is the only thing that I like about the job I have now. I can leave to be with my kids, no questions asked. Its just every thing else that I can't take. I worked 10 1/2 hours yesterday and I still wasn't done. I just finally left. I had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment