Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weather is warming up

Where did winter go? Did we even have winter? I hope that its not an indication that summer is going to be horribly hot and humid and gross.
It was nice yesterday. The temp was about 80 when I got home, but it was nice. No humidity and a nice breeze. We took the kids outside and played. Me and Lilly tossed the ball around for a bit until she didn't catch it and it smacked her right in the forehead. Then she didn't want me to play anymore, so hubby did. I played ball with Zach. He had sissy's big bright yellow softball and we were rolling it around for a bit until he got bored, then we went for a walk.
Lilly's got a good arm on her. She's been hoping to be able to play first base. They played her a lot there during t-ball and she did ok. I keep telling her that she need to practice if she wants first base. She can throw, but we gotta work on her catching. Its been nearly a year since we threw the ball around and she's afraid of it again. Its going to take some time. I didn't mean to hit her in the face. And man, it made a big POP sound too. She was fine. She didn't cry too much and there's no bruise. She ended up laughing it off. I'm glad it didn't hit her glasses, that would have been bad and more painful. All that metal and the weight from the ball smaking down on your eyes. I worry about her glasses while she plays. And this year is going to be more aggressive since its softball. I'm very proud of how far she's come and I'm so glad that she's into sports.
Lilly got all her invitations out yesterday. She only had 3 left and I told her to wait and we'll figure out a way to get them out, but she gave them out during recess without getting caught. Sneaky little girl. Party is in 3 more days! She keeps getting excited about it and making herself sick. She's just like me. If we get too excited or too worried, our nerves get the best of us and we end up getting sick. Its silly, I know, but it happens. Hubby stopped yesterday and ordered her cake with soccer and softball theme. Its going to be a nice party.

No comments:

Post a Comment